Working with the Program Coordinator, the Seniors’ Food Program Supervisor will work with a team of volunteers to deliver a range of seniors’ food programs to frail seniors living in Burnaby, including grocery shopping, food bank and meal delivery programs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage daily operations, including organizing and distributing food hampers and subsidized prepared meals
- To recruit, train, and support volunteers for grocery shopping and meal deliveries
- To assess seniors’ needs and provide referrals to appropriate internal and community services and supports
- To oversee the evaluation and reporting process. This involves gathering statistical information on contacts made and preparing progress reports on a monthly and annual basis
- To provide oversight of project budgets and spending
- To attend meetings that relate to seniors issues as necessary
- To work as part of the BNH staff team and perform related and other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in a seniors’ related field or equivalent training and/or experience working with seniors in a community based setting.
- Strong skills and experience working with seniors and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, writing, planning and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations and with a broad range of community and public partners.
- Knowledge and experience with utilizing a Community Development Approach while working with seniors.
- Passion for supporting seniors to overcome social isolation and encourage the building of their strengths and active participation in the community
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace
- Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), and virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Current Emergency first-aid certification
- Current Food Safe certification
- Second language is an asset
- BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply
- Must have a valid Vaccine Passport
Program Supervisor reports to the Seniors Food Program Coordinator
Hours & Pay rate:
35 hours per week
Rate of pay $22.26 plus health benefits.