Do you want a purpose filled life? Are you looking for work-life balance? Are you enthusiastic about delivering superior services and care to clients? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse and change-positive work environment? Do you value a professional, positive, and supportive team?
Join Interval House’s Growing Team:
At Interval House, the life experiences and stories of the women and children we serve inspire everything we do. The Residential Program team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides programs and services that include a 30-bed shelter service, a 24-Hour Crisis Line, a Women’s Program, a Children’s Program.
The Child & Youth Coordinator position will report to the Residential Program Co-Managers.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Toronto, Ontario
You will benefit from:
• Work/Life balance
• Competitive compensation
• Employer fully paid Group Insurance benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid vacation and sick benefits
• RRSP benefits
• Career growth and professional development opportunities
Do you have?
• Relevant education and/or experience in programs for child and youth
• Knowledge and experience in case planning, program planning and implementation
• Excellent documentation skills and records management
Apply your education/experience and knowledge to make a difference in women’s and children’s lives by:
• Providing shelter services and programs to the children through case management approach
• Performing individual one-on-one counselling following Interval House’s counselling objectives
• Facilitating family group programming activities
• Identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance the children’s program and services
Strengthen your skills and abilities in:
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Time management and organizing skills
• Documentation and digital records management and reporting
• New projects/challenges
Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada’s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: CHILD & YOUTH COORDINATOR
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including booster shots) against Covid-19 is required before hire date.
Must be eligible to commit to a permanent employment contract.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!