With a positive, energetic, compassionate, and kind self-guiding core this role will collaborate through proactive communication, openness, and practical integrated solutions. You partner with the managers to provide employee and labour relations to foster and promote effective employer/employee working relationship. Fostering an interest-based approach to problem-solving, you will work with leaders to identify and resolve workplace issues, concerns and disputes. You build relationships and credibility with your unit leaders by balancing the ‘hands on’ operational needs. You work with the Director HR to support the agency’s culture through its people-oriented programs, initiatives and services.
Business Partnering / Operations
- Work with Managers to identify areas for improvement within programs related to HR operational practices and offer practical solutions.
- Advise leaders on various workplace matters, including training & development, compensation, benefits, performance management, and application of HR policies.
- Monitor pay adjustments to ensure they are in salary range and compensation program guidelines.
- Partnering with program managers and department leaders you will assist and advise in the development of job descriptions and job evaluation in the assessment of new/or changed roles.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (i.e. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the Human Resources Director and counsel as required.
- Analyze trends and metrics with the Human Resources Director and team to develop solutions, metrics, programs and policies.
- Assist leaders to manage and resolve employee relations issues, and provide support through objective investigations as required.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance and administration of employee data and files according to legislation and e4c standards.
Relationships / Collaboration
- Develop collaborative relationships in order to understand the programs you support financial position, objectives, culture and HR related needs.
- Maintain a balanced and objective relationships with all agency managers.
- Keep a pulse on culture in departments you support and elevate concerns to HR Director and managers.
Performance Management and Employee Relations
- Provide guidance to managers on coaching, performance management and planning.
- Conduct investigations as required with the managers on employee complaints or concerns and provide recommendations.
- Monitor and advise managers regarding performance issues, and assist in setting and facilitating performance improvement process with employees as needed.
- Review and provide guidance for employment terminations.
- Plan and develop with the Human Resources Director the employee engagement strategy.
- Work with leaders to build and maintain a proactive talent acquisition plan, anticipate recruitment needs, explore recruitment options and assist in the recruitment process as required.
- Direct involvement in professional, key positions and manager recruitment as required.
- Participate in job analysis, position description reviews and compensation analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a new onboarding strategy.
- Track and monitor employee turnover and collaborate with leaders on corrective strategies to improve employee retention.
- Ensure open and transparent collaboration within the HR team.
- Participate in the planning, recruitment, onboarding, development and training of HR team.
- Collaborate with the HR Team on the implementation of HR Strategies, Operational Plans and e4c’s Strategic Goals.
- Work with Human Resources Director to develop annual budget and monitor monthly.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Director and agency leaders on the impact of Human Resource change initiatives / strategies / policies and communication of those changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or business administration/commerce with a major in human resources management or other related discipline,
- CPHR is an asset.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check
- 3+ years' Human Resources experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- 2+ years’ employee engagement planning and development is an asset.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills enabling interaction at all levels.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and best practices, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, engagement, employee relations, diversity, HRMS, counselling, development, performance management, legislative bodies.
- Communicates effectively with others, both verbally and in writing to build open and respectful dialogue, establishing understanding and commitment to initiatives. Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving, critical thinking and self-initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors using HR best practices.
- Ability to define problems, provide solutions and an action plan.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- Experience leading organizational change projects and change leadership.
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in a Microsoft Windows – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and HRMS.