Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS)
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
We currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) to promote work/life balance as well as summer hours in July and August (4 Days week).
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic and passionate team. If you have strong organizational and communications skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking the initiative, this position is a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, this position provides general office and administrative support to the TFSS management staff. As well, the Administrative Assistant will assist with the coordination of special projects and initiatives.
- Provide backup to the TFSS Executive Assistant
- Perform administrative support
- Work independently and collaboratively with TFSS team on special projects
- Perform research as required
- Answer and manage telephone inquiries for CEO and the TFSS main phone line
- Prepare confidential correspondence, letters, memos, meeting agendas, spreadsheets, reports, and PowerPoint presentations, including proofreading and formatting to ensure accuracy
- Scheduling appointments and conference calls
- Manage correspondence, including tracking, reading, and analyzing all incoming correspondence, memos, submissions, and reports deciding on the importance/urgency of the request and distributing accordingly
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence
- Arrange travel, including air and hotel
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Three years office administrative experience or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office 365 – Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma required; College diploma is an asset