Do you love supporting those around so that they are equipped to be the best they can be? Are you incredibly observant of needs and/or opportunities where you can step in to serve, to help your team achieve its goals? Do you love details, administration, and a job well done? If so, come join our team!
Position: Programs Assistant
Classification: Salary – Full Time (Support Staff)
Reports to: Key Relationship Director
Preferred Start Date: May 1, 2023
Location: Working out of our Hamilton, Ontario office
Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits plan
You will support the Development and Operations teams in administration, communications, volunteer logistics coordination, and donor development. Your support will help these teams do their work efficiently. Your strong interpersonal skills will build up EduDeo’s staff and donors alike, fostering a community of excellence and togetherness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
To achieve your success profile, you will elevate EduDeo in the following ways:
1. Development Team: (70%)
- Assist the Development Team as they create and implement programs.
- Assist with the logistics and administration of the Co-Impact program.
- Manage the physical and digital applications and records for Co-Impact teams
- Identify, schedule, and coordinate travel logistics for Co-Impact teams
- Prepare participant manuals and enroll teams in online training modules
- Handle the financial disbursements for Co-Impact projects and travel
- Assist the Development Team with donor communications and the management of their monthly donor engagement plans.
2. Operations: (20%)
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Hamilton, Ontario office.
- Receive and screen incoming telephone calls
- Respond to general emails
- Welcome and host office visitors
- Manage office logistics.
- Book and host meetings
- Maintain office supplies
- General upkeep and cleanliness of the office
- Assist with office mailings
3. Organization: (10%)
- Be an active member of the Development and Operations teams.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, trends, tools, and developments in job-related fields.
- Provide assistance, as requested, at various significant organizational events.
- Continue to grow through professional development opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have:
- A strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- A strong commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of EduDeo Ministries.
- High self-motivation, responsibility, and confidence in taking initiative.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, database systems, and CRM software (preferably Salesforce).
- An aptitude for continual learning and professional development.
- A degree in Business, Administration, or a related field.
- Cross-cultural experience is an asset.
- An ability to legally work in Canada.
- Competitive sector salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Registered Pension Plan with EduDeo contributions equal to 5% of your annual salary.
- Paid vacation and additional paid time off between Christmas and New Years.
- Flexible work-life balance.
- Fun and welcoming culture where team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day and receive the support they need to thrive.