Provides general groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening of Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Performs groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening duties:
- Performs a variety of tasks encompassing most elements of landscape maintenance, groundskeeping and gardening;
- Carries out planting, cultivation, mowing, edging, weeding, and applies lime to lawns;
- Prunes shrubs, trees and ground covers;
- Keeps walks, driveways and entrances clean, minor patch repair to asphalt, snow and ice removal and application of ice melt products as required;
- Operates and does minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, trimmers and sweepers such as sharpening blades and uses various equipment and tools as required in the performance of their role;
- Operates various Employer's vehicles as qualified including trailers to load, unload and deliver supplies and equipment and/or Employer's assets;
- Maintains outdoor storm drains and sewers;
- Constructs and repairs various landscape and fencing projects (e.g. retaining walls, patio boxes, etc.);
- Install and repair lawns and lawn maintenance equipment (e.g. sod, in ground sprinklers, etc.);
- Operate landscaping vehicles and maintenance equipment as qualified;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy in possible tenant interaction. Refers tenants to other staff where appropriate. In some occasions may be required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.