Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI), the incumbent will perform a wide variety of research duties supporting the research projects within the School of Kinesiology and Health Studies. Working closely with the Research Associate and Project Coordinator, the incumbent will supervise research participants, provide appropriate exercise and health guidelines related to the research requirements, and perform data processing.
• Monitor small groups of participants while performing research related physical exercises.
• Provide basic advice to participants regarding exercise and general health as required, when relating to research objectives.
• Ensure appropriate exercise plans are provided to participants based on research objectives.
• Perform basic data processing including data entry and analysis.
• Participate in planning and progress meetings with researchers and PI as needed.
• Aid in the production of various documents, presentations, and grants.
• Keep research documents organized.
• Undertake other duties as delegated in support of the research.
• Minimum two-year post-secondary program in a relevant field, with previous relevant experience in a research environment in the fields of rehabilitation, kinesiology, exercise science or related.
• Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to focus even under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to work with people from a variety of settings and backgrounds.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Prioritize work and time.
• Decide how to distribute information, what method to use, and who to send it to.
• Assist in the generation of various documents and reports and provide input where appropriate.
• Participate and act as resource person in the production of more complex publications.
• Determine formatting for simple to complex documents.
• Respond to general enquiries, providing reasonable answers, or a means to find an answer if necessary. Redirect problems to Principal Investigator.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!