PRIVACY & ACCESS ANALYST
($63,393.31 - $73,118.09, Annually)
Reporting to the Director, Privacy & Information Services, the Privacy & Access Analyst is responsible for processing requests for personal information and supporting the processing of requests for general information received under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). He/she/they completes privacy impact assessments and assists with access and privacy projects. The position works with the department to develop and deliver training and awareness activities to employees. The role also supports the department with development of internal policies to ensure compliance with legislation and the preparation of reports and presentations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Information Management, Public Administration or other relevant discipline
- Some experience in interpreting and applying government legislation, policies, and directives, interpreting freedom of information, privacy, or similar legislation, negotiation and conflict resolution, managing caseloads and working in a high-volume customer service centric environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret legislation and acts and apply knowledge and interpretation in decision-making.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s policies, processes, and business operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information, resolve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple issues and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and respect and exercise effective negotiation skills when interacting with members of the public from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills.
- Criminal Record Check required