YWKIDS - CHILDCARE PROFESSIONAL CHILDCARE PROFESSIONAL – FULL TIME (1.0 FTE)
YW Calgary’s mission is prevention, intervention, empowerment and leadership for the benefit of women and their families. We are committed to advocating for mental health, supporting those experiencing domestic violence and enabling women’s economic prosperity.
Some people just have a knack for childcare – and you are one of them. Not only do you help families feel supported, but you are an expert at keeping children engaged and ensuring their emotional, physical, and developmental needs are met. The childcare professional’s first priority is to provide an inclusive early learning, childcare environment to children ages 0-5.
Must be available to work eight (8) hours Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 5:30pm. Attendance is required at monthly evening virtual meetings. There are two (2) positions available.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Truly rewarding work; contribute to lasting, positive change for clients and our community
• A supportive team environment and opportunities for professional development
• A positive workplace culture
• Comprehensive benefits, onsite fitness at a discount and priority access to childcare facilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Partner with peer childcare professionals in an assigned room to provide superior childcare
• Provide stimulating and engaging developmentally appropriate activities daily
• Provide a warm, safe, secure and caring environment that meets children’s needs
• Ensure children are supervised at all times and responsible for their health and safety
• Interact and relate with children in a developmentally appropriate manner using guidance strategies
• Engage in continuous learning and growing in your understanding of play-based learning
• Engage children in outdoor activities and encourage their involvement
• Establish and foster relationships with families and community partners
• Collaborate and engage with childcare professional team members
• Provide playroom décor that is appropriate and incorporates multiculturalism and diversity
• Maintain daily attendance and administrative records according to program and licensing standard
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
• Early learning and Child Care Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
• Alberta Childcare Certification as Child Development Level 2 or higher
• Knowledge of the Province of Alberta’s childcare regulations and Alberta Health Standards for childcare
• Child Care First Aid & CPR
• Brain Story certification or completion within 3 months of hire
• Familiar with Flight: Alberta’s Early Learning and Care Framework with willingness to learn and implement
• Knowledge of family violence and trauma-sensitive approach is an asset
• Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and a cleared Child Intervention Check required
• Physical ability to sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 30 lbs while interacting with children
• Physical capability to supervise and play outdoors with children
If you want to change lives, we want to hear from you.
YW Calgary is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued and respected, whatever their race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, or place of origin.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!