HOUSING OUTREACH MANAGER, OUTREACH SERVICES (1.0)
YW Calgary works to provide preventive and restorative services to women and their families to help them thrive. Our mission is to intervene, empower and lead where people need us most. We are committed to advocating for mental health, supporting those experiencing domestic violence and enabling women’s economic prosperity.
The Housing Outreach Case Manager is part of the Outreach program. This position assists women who have a history of homelessness and are moving out from the YW Transitional Shelter to provisionally and permanently housing. This position works from a Housing First, Harm Reduction, trauma informed approach to provide individualized support based on the women’s identified needs and goals. You will provide support, referrals, advocacy and systems navigation to address barriers to basic needs and housing. You offer women the support and resources to maintain a healthy lifestyle through skill building, safety and wellness planning.
This a full time position working 37.5 hours per week, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday to Friday with flexibility to meet program needs
WHAT WE OFFER
• Truly rewarding work; contribute to lasting, positive change for individuals and our community
• Flexible schedules and a hybrid work arrangement to help our employees manage work and life
• A supportive team environment and opportunities for professional development
• Comprehensive benefits and onsite fitness and childcare facilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Provide full case management services to women who have experienced homelessness and are moving from the YW Transitional Shelter into the community
• Deliver program assessment, engagement, crisis intervention, case planning, skills coaching, housing support, and program completion
• Meet clients in the community and provide housing support in a holistic and client centered approach
• Use trauma-informed care principles, feminism, and anti-oppressive practice lens
• Build trusting, healthy, and functional professional relationships; maintaining healthy boundaries
• Balances the needs of clients with organizational protocols; demonstrates empathy and cultural competence, and feminist practice
• Provide appropriate referrals within local social service agencies
• Advocate and provide systems navigation to/and on behalf of women when required
• Keep accurate case notes. Attend all supervisions, team meetings and case conferences
• Proactively seeks out professional development opportunities that relate to the role and are informed by best practice
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
• Bachelor degree in Social Work or related field and commitment to ongoing professional development. Professional registration is a strong asset.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in the field of homelessness, addictions and mental health Commitment to feminist, anti-oppressive, and trauma-sensitive principles and values
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in an outreach and/or case management capacity
• Working knowledge of the Housing First and Harm Reduction framework.
• Understanding of relevant legislation and regulations.
• Strong computer literacy including MS Office Suite, able to learn additional software quickly and effectively
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification, NVCI, and ASSIST certification
• Requires a class 5 driver’s license and own vehicle to meet clients daily
YW Calgary is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued and respected, whatever their race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, or place of origin.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!