Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Department: Central Administration
Reports to: Project Manager, Central Administration
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: TBD
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posting Date: February 24, 2023
Grant and Fund Writing:
- Supports the writing and preparation of proposals and solicitation packages and other relevant fundraising materials in alignment with YWCA Hamilton’s Governmental Funding Protocols;
- Communicate with departmental staff to gather information necessary to support application preparation;
- Assist with the compliance and reporting requirements post government grant approval, including the use of multiple different government online portals;
- Record receipt of grantee reports in grants database;
- Works cross-departmentally to understand program funding needs and supports crafting compelling funding proposals to aligned funding pillars;
- Provides regular reports and updates to Leadership and team members;
- Compile, create, and modify statistical reports as assigned.
- Schedule and organize meetings and functions; assist in preparing agendas;
- Take meeting minutes as assigned and post to the shared drive;
- Produce from rough notes or instructions a variety of materials including presentations, reports, minutes of meetings, invitations, and correspondence;
- Assist with preparation for events, meetings, media, funder and other stakeholder engagements;
- Administers confidential information for the agency, including highly sensitive personnel, political and/or labour relations information;
- Maintain accurate files electronically and in hardcopy to ensure responsible administrative records and corporate memory;
- Meets deadlines and maintains appropriate record-keeping and expense reporting in accordance with YWCA policies and procedures, and confidentiality/privacy policies;
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Works 37.5 hours per week;
- Occasional evenings and weekends.
- A diploma or degree in Administrative Studies, Business Administration, or equivalent education, training and experience;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in an Administrative Assistant role or in nonprofit sector with fundraising and grants;
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and quickly adapt to change;
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with managing multiple conflicting priorities for multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities; proactive in anticipating needs and potential problems;
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database software a or similar fundraising software is asset;
- Experience managing grant proposals and submission deadlines a strong asset;
- Ability to bring a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive perspective to work;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset;
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have skills using MS Office programs including Excel and Word;
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
YWork for us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
A competitive total rewards package including:
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Float days)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Long Term Disability and Life insurance.
- Employee pension plan with employer matched contributions
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are women, First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, LGBTQ2S+; individuals with disabilities; and individuals from racialized communities or other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.