Position title: Settlement Program Assistant (Full-Time)
Reports to: Settlement and Family Programs Manager and Director of Services
The Settlement Program Assistant provides service delivery support and ensures accurate data entry, tracking, and reporting of program deliverables and outcomes. The Settlement Program Assistant provides support with program evaluation, budget tracking and statistical compilation, as required, and provides general administrative support to the settlement program to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Ensure services align with IRCC planned activities and that all IRCC deliverables are met.
- Provide financial and service deliverables tracking support for all program deliverables.
- Create statistical reports and generate client data, as needed.
- Compile, assess, and enter client service data onto Impact North Shore, iCARE, and other government databases.
- Support with the development of agendas and take meeting notes, as required.
- Research data to prepare documents and reports for review and presentation
- File and retrieve records, documents, and reports
- Abide by privacy, confidentiality, and secure data storage guidelines; and swiftly respond to queries regarding service data quality.
- Become familiar with Impact North Shore policies and procedures, programming objectives, client service philosophy, and understand clearly the role this position plays in achieving contractual goals and outcomes.
- Provide first language services, as required, to enhance the client experience, including providing document translation support as required.
- Review quality of service data and work with service staff to ensure the correct capture and entry of service data.
- Compile and review quality of client outcomes and satisfaction evaluations.
- Assist with all administrative tasks, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Settlement and Employment Services Manager and the Director of Services.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- High school education and courses or experience in office administration.
- Excellent organizational ability, attention-to-detail skills, excellent communication and computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, including conducting accurate data entry, generating statistical reports, and creating graphs and charts.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment
- Experience in handling routine financial documents, and organizing and maintaining standard office procedures.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, function in a fast-paced environment, and remain calm during periods of high demand.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support service delivery needs during the daytime and evening hours as needed.
- Second language an asset.
- Salary: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Work Schedule: 35 hours/week (schedule may vary)