The Site Support Worker is responsible for ensuring a safe site environment for all programming locations. The Site Support Worker is available on-site and/or online during programming activities and works with community center staff and Pathways program staff. Key responsibilities of this role include set-up of resources and technology, youth and volunteer attendance and safety, monitoring resources, and supporting the program facilitator throughout tutoring and mentoring.
- Open and set up rooms at site locations, including food preparation and safety check
- Set out volunteer and student name tags, attendance sheets, logs, newsletters, and
- Compiles program attendance data in a timely and consistent manner.
- Support tutoring/mentoring activities as needed.
- Support security and caretaking routines specific to the site location.
- Supervise students leaving the building promptly and safely at the end of programming.
- Work with Program Facilitator to handle emerging and emergency or difficult situations.
- Keep the Volunteer Coordinator up to date on any student, volunteer, program or site issue or incident.
- Work in a manner that is safe, respectful, positive, and inclusive of youth and colleagues.
- Follows confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
- Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Experience with organization and multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, including youth
- Other languages an asset (per community requirements)
- Familiarity with Downtown Eastside/Strathcona or Guildford/Whalley neighborhoods
- Proficient using technology including, but not limited to: ZOOM, TEAMS, and Outlook
- Ability to work evenings Monday to Thursday and occasional weekends
- Possible travel between multiple sites in the community