We are proud to be selected as one of B.C.'s Top Employers once again!
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge, and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a Crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision of Lives filled with possibilities in welcoming communities. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing CLBC's corporate software architectural development environment and infrastructure across multiple environments and mission critical applications. You will also provide technical expertise and standards to systems professionals responsible for developing, implementing, integrating, and maintaining CLBC custom applications in a DevOps framework.
- Developing multi-year technology and service roadmaps, plans and strategies.
- Organizing problem resolution and preventative maintenance of corporate software engineering and infrastructure.
- Researching and evaluating all facets of technology and application architecture, new technologies, product effectiveness, potential obsolescence, and pilots new architectures.
- Leading the evaluation and cost-benefit analysis of new corporate software products and development tools.
- Providing direction, technical expertise and advice to systems professionals supporting corporate databases and applications.
- Defines and documents corporate technical standards and tools used to develop and implement CLBC applications.
- Providing advice to executive on alternatives and solutions, product evaluation, risk assessment and cost benefit analysis of existing and future information technology infrastructure.
- Leading technical projects and assigns technical resources for upgrades to infrastructure and existing applications.
- Defines, identifies, estimates and schedules project activities, gains consensus and commitment from all groups and management to implement best technical solution.
This role requires sound knowledge and understanding/skills in:
- API development and integration and continuous development environments.
- TeamCity and similar continuous integration technologies.
- Version control technologies such as subversion and Git and development in an open source environment.
- Configuration Management or Infrastructure Management, Infrastructure as code (Infrastructure as Code (Declarative Infrastructure Definition, Procedural Infrastructure Definition)
- Deployment Automation- Octopus Deploy
- Containerization- ECS and/or Docker
- Work/Incident Recording and Tracking- JIRA
- Scripting Language - PowerShell, Python
- Artifact Management - Confluence
- Agile project management - VersionOne
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Experience as a senior architect, with a minimum of 5 years of experience leading, developing, implementing, integrating, and maintaining a DevOps environment.
- Two years' experience in the supervision of multi-disciplinary staff for the provision of enterprise web services, and providing technical advice to work teams.
- Two years of experience leading agile software development methodologies and IT change management processes:
- Preference may be given for recent experience of J2EE Web development and applications, including Spring Framework, Hibernate, MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, and Wildfly.
- Preference may be given for experience with a security focus, in both Linux and Microsoft environments
This position is posted to fill a new vacancy
Term/Status: Regular/Full time
Classification/Salary: IS R30: position starts at $79,530 annually, plus a 9.9% market adjustment paid bi-weekly
The health and safety of our team and communities is paramount to CLBC. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Closing date: Open Until Position Filled
Apply now! Submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system to the attention of Jaimie Willows. Resumes received by other methods will not be considered.