Direct Marketing Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Date Issued: February 28, 2023
Do you have a passion for working with people and providing them with the highest level of service with integrity? Do you strive to meet and exceed expectations every day in every way? The ideal candidate for this position is confident, has an entrepreneurial spirit, keen eye for detail, and a can-do attitude. You thrive in fast-paced tactical planning environments where you juggle dozens of balls in the air at the same time while providing a high level of service and accuracy. You are a master at anticipating needs and delivering results. You do what it takes to get the job done well while making a positive impact. And you are compassionate, resilient and love to smile!
We are a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free, safe surgery and comprehensive care to patients with cleft lip and palate in 35 countries around the world. Operation Smile Canada raises funds from our donor partners who want to directly impact the lives of children living with cleft conditions and other facial differences. Our partners are as committed as we are to a world where health and dignity are improved through safe surgery and complete care.
We have a plan for the next decade to increase access to cleft and essential surgical care for one million patients living in low- and middle-income countries. Achieving this goal requires more people caring for more patients in more places. It also requires us to broaden the awareness of our great brand and raise more funds through our diverse fundraising programs.
Operation Smile Canada (OSC) is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a qualified workforce. By valuing diversity, OSC commits to hiring practices that are fair, equitable and accessible and will always hire the most qualified candidate for a position. We will ensure the search and hiring process is fair and impartial, so the appropriate qualifications of each candidate are the only criteria upon which a hiring decision is made. You can learn more about Operation Smile Canada by visiting: www.operationsmile.ca.
As a member of the Operation Smile Canada team, in achieving our vision and mission, the Direct Marketing Coordinator’s key duties include providing administrative and organizational assistance (critical path timeline management) specific to the day-to-day operational activities for a fully integrated direct response marketing program. The Direct Marketing Coordinator also provides support to the brand, marketing, and communications teams. This is a full-time, permanent position out of the main office in downtown Toronto.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Direct Marketing Coordinator will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
• Working closely with colleagues, this position contributes to the oversight and implementation of the annual plan (critical paths) for assigned offline and online direct response marketing programs.
• Providing accurate, responsive, and professional administrative assistance to the direct response teams with production tasks such as:
o Addressing emails and inquiries in the shared email accounts in a timely and efficient manner.
o Managing the brand inventory in collaboration with Office Manager and the Donor Care Team (envelopes, letterhead, receipts, welcome kits, before/after cards, etc.).
o Proofing, and timeline management of projects.
o Project coordinating, calendar management, website maintenance & filing systems.
o Assisting the team with travel arrangements and travel-related activities including hotel booking, transportation, etc. when needed.
• Helping the Senior Manager, Direct Response with timeline project management, and administrative and organizational tasks for upcoming appeals and projects.
• Occasionally attending vendor meetings and tracking minutes, notes, and timelines.
• Updating and organizing donor and vendor files in Raiser’s Edge Database/NXT (i.e., stewardship touchpoints, calls, mailings, invoices, etc.).
Smile Partner Program:
• Working closely with the Smile Partner Specialist, liaising with the Donor Care Team in the office on donor mailings, escalations, inventory, etc.
• Assisting the Communications Specialist with patient stories, program updates, volunteer stories, and brand material based on agreed-upon calendar.
• Helping with the development, review and editing process of public facing and internal communications (print & digital).
• Assisting with monitoring engagement and posts on Operation Smile Canada’s main social channels and escalating issues to the relevant team as needed.
• Assisting with providing statics and analysis, projections, and detailed reports on fundraising goals and performance that may be used to contribute to the development of internal budgets.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field (i.e., marketing, project management, fundraising, etc.) and/or a minimum of one- to two-years’ related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the not-for-profit environment is an asset.
• Knowledge of project management software is an asset.
• Experience working in database systems is an asset (preferably Raisers Edge and Luminate).
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
• Loves grammar and proofreading.
• Time management skills with the ability to prioritize, work well with due dates and manage conflicting demands.
• Administrative skills (i.e., setting up systems, process), and delivering excellent service.
• Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to manage change.
• Interpersonal skills and works well independently and as a team member.
• Learner mindset and is dedicated to continuous growth and improvement.
• Confident, driven, self-motivated and can set priorities, problem solve and manage tight timelines.
• Ability to maintain action plan for priorities and goals and be flexible and adaptable to respond to the needs of the team and organization.
• Flexible with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Administrative and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Flexibility to work the occasional evening or weekend as required.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
• We wake up each day knowing there are children born every three minutes with a cleft condition somewhere in the world. As a team focused on a global strategy to ensure every patient who needs surgery and care is never left behind, we set smart goals and objectives and work hard each day to achieve them so we can deliver greater impact (and smiles) to children, families, and the communities we serve.
• We aspire to be a learning organization that values one another as individuals and our collective abilities to meet and exceed expectations in everything we do by mentoring, teaching and training each other.
ABOUT THE SALARY & BENEFITS
The Direct Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position with a yearly salary range of $45,000 to $55,000, including paid vacation time. We offer a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, and matching RRSP contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment to: .
Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title: Direct Marketing Coordinator. Address your cover letter to: Tamar Shostakovsky Senior Manager, Direct Response Operation Smile Canada A
This position is open for recruitment (effective February 28, 2023) until a successful candidate is hired.
Operation Smile Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Operation Smile Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling - a child is counting on it!
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!