At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time (35 hours a week)
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Web Administrator is responsible for planning, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining the AEIP web platform/client database. The Senior Web Administrator also provides technical support to the AEIP project staff located in Canada and overseas offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with web development contractor to develop user requirements, project infrastructure planning, design, construction and application development
• Leads the web development committee to assess performance of web platform in light of user needs and address areas needing improvement
• Provides technical support to clients and AEIP project staff for accessing the AEIP web platform
• Provides enhancement and technical support for scheduling, online consultation, workshops / webinars, meetings and communication
• Assists in designing, maintaining and updating the AEIP web platform and online client database system
• Performs regular updates and modifications of AEIP web platform
• Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of AEIP web platform
• Prepares and submits technical reports as required
• Works closely with the service team to ensure information online is accurate and updated
• Liaises with in-house IT team to implement and maintain the AEIP web platform
• Assists in developing online marketing strategies to enhance client visits and page views
• Performs other project related duties as requested by the Senior Project Manager
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in information management and website maintenance
• Advanced knowledge of Laravel; able to code and perform backend database administrative tasks is an asset
• A Minimum of 3 years' experience in web server, software, applications and security
• Experience in web administration of interactive online communication tools
• Knowledge of latest technology, online communications and social media
• Familiar with the complex technological environment in China, in particular with web security, development and maintenance
• Knowledge of the social services sector is an asset
• Knowledge of settlement and integration processes in Canada is an asset
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle stress
• Excellent interpersonal skills with cultural sensitivity
• Excellent skills in website development, design, administration and management as well as graphic design
• Ability to take initiative and be results-oriented
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changes
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Second language is an asset
• Able to work in early mornings, evenings and/or weekends when required
• Able to travel to various service locations when required
• Criminal record check required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply by 11:59pm March 24, 2023
We appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!