Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work Per Week: 2 positions: 30hr/wk & 50hr/wk
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: POSITION #1: Approx 50hrs/wk: Week #1: 34hrs awake/32hrs sleep Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 5pm-7am , Sat 8am-6pm Week #2: 28hrs awake/24hrs sleep Sun 8am-6pm, Wed - Fri 5pm-7am POSITION #2: Approx 30hrs/wk: Week #1: 18hrs awake/24hrs sleep Fri, Sat, Sun 5pm-7am Week #2: 19hrs awake/8 hrs sleep Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues 5pm-7am
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: 18.7 - 21.63
Program 338-31 Bonnyville Cedar House
WJS staff work to improve our residents’ quality of life by encouraging them to be self directed and to make their own decisions. We offer support in all areas, from health and behaviour issues to social, cultural and spiritual. Behavioural support is tailored to their mental health needs. Our therapeutic supports include medication administration and monitoring blood pressure and O2 levels. We focus on building social and communication skills as well as life skills and encourage and enable independence, self expression and creativity.
The Overnight Community Disability Support Worker, assists persons with mental health concerns, and/or developmental disabilities to live in and actively participate in their community. During overnight hours the DSW ensures a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the persons in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations. In the event of an emergent situation sleep staff will be responsible/paid for awake responsibilities.
This position reports to an assigned Team Leader
POSITION #1: Approx 50hrs/wk:
Week #1: 34hrs awake/32hrs sleep
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 5pm-7am , Sat 8am-6pm
Week #2: 28hrs awake/24hrs sleep
Sun 8am-6pm, Wed - Fri 5pm-7am
POSITION #2: Approx 30hrs/wk:
Week #1: 18hrs awake/24hrs sleep
Fri, Sat, Sun 5pm-7am
Week #2: 19hrs awake/8 hrs sleep
Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues 5pm-7am
Sleep hours are paid at $15/hr
In Your Role You Will
The front-line DSW sleeps at the client's residence and is available, if needed, to assist the client during overnight hours.
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement: This is a gender-specific position based upon the behavior and needs of the persons served.
***Awake hours (5-11pm) are paid at regular rate. Sleep hours (11pm-7am) are paid at $15/hr***
Typical overnight shift may include:
• 5pm (6 awake hrs) - assist/model nightly bed-time routine (personal hygiene, brushing teeth, etc.) ensuring a consistent, healthy and safe environment for persons in care.
• 11pm-7am (8 sleep hrs)- You will be provided your own private bedroom, within the residence and sleep hours are paid at minimum wage $15/hr. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• 7am - day shift arrives, shift exchange
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!