Business Unit: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Status: Full-Time, term
Term: May 2023 – July 2024, 14-month term (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Location: Remote or hybrid, with the option to work intermittently in the RHF Offices in Richmond, BC or Toronto, ON
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in being a part of our innovative team, we hope that you will consider this opportunity with us!
RHF values diversity in the community and the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion and anyone living at the intersection of these identities.
As part of the Marketing Communications team, the Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist contributes to the development of marketing and communications plans in alignment with the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) strategic plan. This position leads the development of the RHF content marketing and social media strategies and oversees execution of these plans on RHF digital channels including RickHansen.com, email, RHF social media channels and other digital platforms, ensuring consistent messaging, compelling storytelling and a seamless user experience.
The Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist reports to the Director, Marketing and works closely with the Marketing Communications team.
This role manages the Social Media and Communications Coordinator, and other interns, contract or term staff, as required. This position also collaborates with all RHF program areas.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Understands Rick Hansen’s (RH) role, helps secure opportunities and maximizes ROI for RH’s involvement in target events and engagements;
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
- We Collaborate Respectfully
- We Engage Authentically
- We Keep Our Promises
- Leads strategic content planning for RHF’s digital channels;
- Develops and maintains a content calendar for RHF digital channels that is consistent with the organization’s voice, brand, strategy and mission;
- Creates, curates and distributes multimedia content (i.e. written, audio, video and images) for RHF digital channels including the RHF managed websites, blog, digital advertising, and social media profiles in line with the content strategy;
- Responsible for upholding a consistent, cohesive and compelling brand story and measuring results, including compiling, analyzing and reporting on monthly, campaign specific and annual digital media engagement;
- Educates internal RHF teams on email and digital marketing best practices, processes and results;
- Identifies threats and opportunities on digital channels surrounding the RHF brand, assists in the development of proactive responses and reports to appropriate parties.
- Leads website development and updates to ensure optimal user experience, accessibility, lead generation and content quality;
- Ensures accessibility of RHF website/digital channels in partnership with website contractor and RHF Accessibility Coordinator; and
- Manages SEO strategy and Google Adwords, and creates content using keywords that impact natural search traffic and rankings through recurrent optimized content.
- Leads social media strategy for Foundation social media platforms;
- Ensures our followers are engaged and find value in the content RHF is providing;
- Oversees the development of social content for others to amplify;
- Develops strong influencer relationships within the industry to expand the pool of thought experts and extend content reach via social media;
- Coordinates content with the Office of Rick Hansen team on Rick Hansen personal social media content; and
- Develops, executes, optimizes and reports on paid social media plans.
- Helps to develop and maintain customer journeys in collaboration with the Marketing Communications and program teams, and manages automated triggers to increase engagement with RHF’s community; and
- Manages email lists and develops strategies to grow the database while organizing and creating actionable segments.
Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: Post-secondary diploma/degree in marketing, communications, digital marketing and/or public relations.
- 5 or more years of experience in marketing, journalism and/or communications with demonstrated experience in creating, curating and engaging audiences via web and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube);
- Experience creating and executing communications strategies and action plans;
- Experience writing and editing copy for both offline and online channels including blogs, articles and external ads for readability, tone and search engine optimization;
- Experience managing website content and understanding of best practices in website user experience;
- Experience with social and web analytics tools, including Google Analytics;
- Experience working with web developers and external partners on digital campaigns;
- Understanding of content management systems;
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology and CRM tools. Salesforce and Pardot in preferred;
- Experience with deliverability, email server spam scores, and technical requirements for a successful email program;
- Knowledge of communication and website accessibility standards and guidelines preferred; and
- Knowledge of and passion for issues related to people with disabilities preferred.
- Strong writer and editor and strategic communications planner and executer;
- Highly organized project manager;
- Skilled at sourcing and developing online content;
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Experience recruiting and managing staff and volunteers;
- Ability to coordinate several online platforms simultaneously; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.