Encompass Support Services Society is an accredited, non-profit agency that provides a wide range of programs and support services in Langley and Aldergrove for over 25 years. We help to build strong, sustainable communities by offering inclusive, accessible services tailored to meet the changing needs of the individuals and community we serve.
At Encompass, we are committed to a journey towards cultural humility and safety; for the well-being of those we serve and those we work along-side. We gratefully acknowledge that the programs, services and offices of Encompass are on the unceded, sovereign Indigenous lands of the Coast Salish People. This includes the territories of Kwantlen, Katzie, Matsqui and Semiahmoo First Nations. We also acknowledge the Métis and Inuit people who make Langley their home.
Our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by identifying and responding to community needs, collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve, while cultivating effective and sustainable partnerships.
Our vision is to empower individuals, to connect people, and to enrich lives. We value community, integrity, excellence, accountability, dynamic leadership and culture, advocacy, diversity, empowerment and collaboration.
Programs and supports are designed to build new skills, to foster healthy, productive lifestyles and to improve access to services within our community. Services are low-barrier, all-inclusive and at no cost to participants. Annually, we provide services to over 2500 individuals and families.
Foundry is removing barriers and increasing access to health and wellness services for young people aged 12–24 and their families through a network of youth-friendly centers across British Columbia and online. By offering integrated mental health care, substance use services, primary and sexual health care, youth and family peer support and social services. Foundry makes it easier for young people to find support in their communities. Online resources and first-of-its-kind virtual care further broaden Foundry’s reach.
Reporting to the Medical Director and Clinical Manager and working closely within the integrated team, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of clients ages 12-23 including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions. The Nurse Practitioner initiates treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limited and conditions, policy, and guidelines. The Nurse Practitioner provides professional guidance to other health professionals and practices autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary team at Foundry Langley; making referrals to specialist physicians, mental health clinicians, public health, and other as appropriate.
JOB POSTING: 2023-0100 Nurse Practitioner
DATE: March 08, 2023
POSITION: 1 FTE or 2 (0.5) FTE
HOURS OF WORK: Flexibility in hours and availability outside of typical office hours will be required to support drop-in hours and potential outreach.
SALARY RANGE: As per the contract
BENEFITS: Not eligible
VACATION: Not eligible
CLOSING: March 24, 2023
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform initial patient screening and patient history and physical examinations.
• Assessment, triage and primary care for youth including management of complex health and social problems.
• Ordering and interpreting laboratory investigations and imaging reports.
• Providing ongoing, routine maintenance and check-ups to clients with acute and chronic diseases.
• Diagnosis and treatment of disease and illness, including mental health and substance use disorders within the Nurse Practitioner’s scope of practice; write orders for treatment and medications; provides first-line care emergencies.
• Monitors ongoing care orders appropriate screening diagnostic investigations; interprets reports of investigations and analyzes information to monitor progress and plan treatment.
• Performing physical exams including pelvic and pap exams if indicated.
• Supporting sexual health care, requisitions, contraception, labs, etc.
• Addiction care involving medically assisted treatment (MAT) such as Opioid Agonist Treatment (suboxone, methadone, +/-kadian for opioid use disorder, or Naltrexone for alcohol use disorder.
• Medical Detox screening and withdrawal management
• Provide medications or other treatments, to reverse or mitigate the effects of opioid overdose.
• Collaborate with mental health and substance use services including emergency mental health, MHSU ACT teams, Youth Detox, community-based substance use services, Urgent Short-Term Treatment and Assessment, MCFD and other youth-serving community partners.
• Collaborates and consults with physicians or other health care and social service providers as appropriate to assess and diagnose patient status.
1. Education and Knowledge
• Current practicing registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia college of Nursing Professional
2. Training and Experience
• Recent and relevant clinical nursing experience
• Completion of Opioid Agonist Treatment Program establishes by BC Centre of Substance Use (BCCSU).
• Training or willingness to engage in training, in relation to gender-affirming care and best practices in this area.
• Specialization in mental health and substance use treatment through basic training continuing education or clinical experience.
• Direct service delivery experience in the community social services sector, with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based services and related provincial and community support service systems.
3. Skills and Abilities
• Ability to establish rapport with young people and family members, including youth with complex needs about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis;
• Ability to make effective referrals in a collaborative manner, reflecting in-depth knowledge of social, mental health and substance use services available in the community;
• Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices ability to introduce education and evidence-based research;
• Ability to plan and implement strategies for population based on prevention and health promotion;
• Ability to implement and evaluate planned change;
• Ability to transfer knowledge as appropriate;
• Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in client care;
• Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate;
• Proficient in comprehensive screening and assessment practices using established standardized measures and approaches;
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills, ability to gather and process information to support the organization and its team;
• Well-developed communication skills, ability to speak, listen and write clearly, thoroughly and professionally;
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, accountability, reliability and punctuality;
• Ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural environment, independently and as part of a team, including understanding the frameworks of other disciplines.
4. Other Information
• Responsible for obtaining and maintaining professional liability insurance coverage, including a minimum of $2,000,000 coverage per occurrence. Proof of insurance coverage must be provided to ESSS and maintained as up-to-date.
• Must possess a valid BC class 5 Driver’s license, have a reliable vehicle, business insurance and drivers abstract review (mileage paid for work use);
• Police Information Check;
• Current First Aid certification required;
• COVID-19 Vaccination Status**As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working at Foundry Langley must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!