Who we are:
Jewish Family Services, Edmonton recruits unique and talented individuals who share our organizational values of:
- Healing the world (Tikun Olam): Acts of kindness performed to improve the world.
- Caring (CHESED): Help people in need.
- Fairness (Tzedek): Social justice, take turns and share.
- Respect (Kavod): Respect people’s differences, be inclusive, regards for the rights and dignity.
We focus our work in three core areas: Counselling and the Edmonton Healing Centre for bereavement and loss, seniors’ homecare including Holocaust survivor supports, and Community support for newcomers and those in need.
We envision a world of economic and social justice, where individuals, families and communities care for and support one another.
Jewish Family Services Edmonton is a learning organization that listens to and supports all employees in order to identify their needs, ambitions, and capabilities. It is important that employees have a strong desire to learn.
What we can offer you:
After successfully completing probation, JFSE offers a competitive extended health benefits package and additional benefits include generous paid time off, paid sick days, 5% RRSP contribution, and professional development.
What is the position:
The Program Manager oversees the Edmonton Healing Center, which is the Counseling program within Jewish Family Services. The Program Manager is responsible for the administrative management of the program, while also maintaining a small caseload within the program.
What you would do:
- Overall coordination of the JFSE Counseling program, the Edmonton Healing Centre
- Conduct intakes for the program and assign intakes to your team of therapist
- Maintain client records and statistical data required by the Agency to monitor the services they provide and to fulfill the requirements for accountability imposed upon the Agency by its funders and regulators
- Lead the hiring process which includes posting jobs, scheduling and organizing a team to conduct interviews, and providing orientation and support to new staff upon hire.
- Provide day to day staff support as well as scheduled clinical supervision time as needed or requested
- Represent the EHC on the JFS Team Lead Advisory Committee
- Field internship requests, interview and choose an intern, provide orientation and ongoing oversight and supervision
- Organize monthly Therapist meeting agenda
- Approve invoices that includes contract staff monthly billing and staff expenses
- Approve emergency relief fund requests from therapists for clients in need
- Renew annual contract for Contract Therapists
- Maintain a small caseload within the EHC, working with individuals, children, couples, and families
- Provide advocacy, support, and referral services for clients
- Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of community resources
- Foster and maintain a network of community partnerships with other agencies to encourage collaboration with service provision.
- Identify and participate in funding applications when relative to services, partnerships, and growth
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Psychotherapy, Social work, or Counselling is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Psychotherapist, MSW, or Therapist
- Specializations in complex trauma, grief and loss would be an asset
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience
- Registered with an applicable licensing body
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Reside in the Edmonton area to work in the JFSE office
Ideal Start Date: April 1, 2023