($67,712.13 - $78,694.16, Annually)
The Project Technologist, under the direction of the assigned Manager, is responsible for ensuring that all projects
developed and administered by BC Housing comply with the appropriate Design and Construction Standards. He/she/they
conducts detailed plan and specification reviews, conducts site inspections during construction and provides contract
administration services. The role also monitors the work of inspectors, architects, other consultants and general
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (Graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program).
- Considerable progressive experience as a technologist including experience with contract administration and building inspections. Significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
- Considerable training in project management, building envelope principles, industry standards including regulatory requirements, construction contract administration, and recommended construction practices.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of architectural and building technology and systems
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the BC Building Code, Municipal approval procedures, and applicable regulatory standards and policies
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and construction software or other relevant business applications
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational, creative thinking, and innovation skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to read, review, analyze and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects
- Ability to provide direction and leadership to consultants and staff on design and construction standards and contract administration
- Ability to exercise good judgement and display initiative
- Ability to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle