Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position:
Competition Number: FC0323
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Position
Salary Range: $51,000-$55,000 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Processing of accounts payable and account receivable including creating invoices, keeping records and completing data entry.
- Preparing and processing financial documents such as bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Providing payment of invoices using ACCPAC and/or manual cheques.
- Bookkeeping and reporting duties including: bank deposits, credit card reconciliations, verifying accounting codes and signatures, issuing tax receipts etc.
- Tracking and monitoring financial transactions including processing and verifying expense reports.
- Updating and maintaining the database, financial records, and filing systems.
- Tracking of inventory items including agency equipment and assets.
- Administrative support and coordination for facility leasers and renters, agency assets and other admin duties.
- Assisting with facility maintenance including updating and tracking the maintenance schedule and work plans.
- Providing internal and external customer service by answering questions and resolving queries and issues.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree or college diploma in accounting or a related field with a focus in finance.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a role involving accounts payable/receivable and/or bookkeeping. Previous experience in a non-profit environment is an asset.
- Familiarity with financial regulations, i.e. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Technical skills; Advanced knowledge in financial management systems and databased including ACCPAC and ADP (WFN). Strong MS Office skills – specifically excel
- Proven planning and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A clear Security Clearance Check and Child Welfare Record Check no more than 6 months old are conditions of hire.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.