At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Career and Youth Services
Program: Community Leadership Initiative
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The Program Manager is responsible for managing the Community Leadership Initiative (CLI) program and supporting youth’s civic engagement through volunteering and community projects. The Program Manager works with external partners and provides support and supervision to Youth Workers and Program Assistant.
Reports To: Program Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages the service operations and continual development of the CLI program
· Supports the continual development of the CLI program within the Career and Youth Services (CYS) division
· Collaborates with other programs in CYS division for strategic planning to achieve common goals
· Provides support and supervision to Youth Workers to assist in implementing daily program activities
· Assists Youth Workers in designing the youth programs and their schedules
· Supports and facilitates group sessions when needed
· Assists in budget control, program evaluation and community liaison
· Analyses the trends of service needs and reports to Program Director
· Ensures all Youth Workers maintain up-to-date client and group records
· Strives to achieve the programs' target enrolment numbers
· Works closely with community organizations
· Networks and promotes youth programs via social media and through community channels
· Assists the Program Director in reviewing existing program structure and plans, and recommends changes to drive effective and efficient services that meet the best practices and standards required by Council on Accreditation (COA)
· Assists the Program Director on proposal development activities
· Writes reports and compiles statistical records for accountability, funding applications, and program development purposes
· Attends divisional staff meeting and training opportunities
· Works closely with staff members of other S.U.C.C.E.S.S. divisions/offices in providing joint support to our youth clients
· Represents S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in attending external meetings under corporate guidelines
· Provides support to agency wide initiatives such as inter-agency collaborations (e.g., job fairs, career panels, etc.) when required
· Represents the organization in media functions and interviews on items related to the division and in collaboration with corporate communications department
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Program Director
Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Services or related discipline
· A Minimum of 2 years of work experience with youth population
· A Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing higher education programs
· Experience in youth counseling, personal development, education planning, or in a related field
· Experience working with marginalized youths
· Experience with multicultural clientele
· Experience in program planning and participant recruitment
· Experience in budget management and financial control is an asset
· Experience in program marketing and promotion is an asset
· Knowledge of higher education procedures and practices related to post-secondary education system as well as their application gained through experience is preferable
Job Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
· Excellent program management and administration skills
· Excellent leadership skills
· Excellent program engagement and facilitation skills
· Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
· Excellent program/service promotion and marketing skills
· Excellent documentation and administrative skills
· Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
· Excellent technical skills in MS Office and web-based applications
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
· Ability to manage complex and challenging situations
· Ability to take initiative and & results-oriented
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Second language an asset
· Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) Required
· Able to work evenings and weekends as required
· Able to travel within the lower mainland
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply online by 11:59pm March 28, 2023 at https://successbc.bamboohr.com/careers/206?source=aWQ9MzQ%3D.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!