At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Career and Youth Services
Program: Community Leadership Initiative
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The Program Assistant provides frontline support services to the Community Leadership Initiative Program (CLI) and assists with the administrative functions of the program. The Program Assistant also provides support to the program team and actively participates in the program advisory committee.
Reports to: Program Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs reception duties by phone and in person, including providing basic program information, registering clients for intake assessments, and booking appointments with Youth Workers
· Responds to incoming mails and emails from applicants, parents, case managers, and social workers
· Develops, organizes, and maintains the program filing system, including client files, bookkeeping records, reports, and inventory list
· Organizes and orders office supplies
· Upkeeps office space, including Business License and office equipment, and contacts vendors/suppliers as needed
· Communicates with clients upon the request from the program or the agencya including additional forms and surveys
· Prepares and updates marketing and promotional materials such as brochures, banners, and websites
· Prepares logistics for program activities, including workshops and events
· Assists in program marketing and promotional activities
· Compiles projects statistics and aggregates data
· Assists the team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
· Handles incoming invoices and processes payments
· Maintains a bookkeeping record of all program expenses
· Assists the Program Manager in reconciling monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
· Prepares minutes of staff meetings and clearly communicates standardized information
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Program Manager
Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related fields
· A Minimum of 1 years' experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
· Experience with bookkeeping
· Experience in program marketing and promotion is an asset
· Experience in working with immigrants, newcomers, and refugees is an asset
· Experience in working with underserved or vulnerable youth is an asset
· Experience with multicultural clientele and immigrant related services is an asset
Job Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to maintain accurate records
· Excellent computer skills in MS suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams), social media, and internet applications
· Ability to take initiative and multi-task
· Excellent intercultural and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Second language an asset
· Criminal record check required
· Work on weekends and evenings as required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply online by 11:59pm March 28, 2023 at https://successbc.bamboohr.com/careers/207?source=aWQ9MzQ%3D.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!