At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Career and Youth Services
Program: Community Leadership Initiative
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 2
The Youth Worker provides professional and impactful mentorship on civic engagement to inspire youth to deliver youth led community projects and propose solutions to local issues in their neighborhoods.
Reports To: Program Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans, organizes and facilitates relevant workshops, field trips, and community outreach activities for youth between age 15-30 years old
· Strengthens youth’s sense of volunteerism to create a deeper connection to their communities
· Guides youth to execute community projects in the benefit of underrepresented groups and those in need
· Empowers youth to hone their problem solving, leadership, budget management and critical thinking skills by addressing community level issues
· Promotes program, recruits participants, helps with the registration process and answers public enquiries regarding the CLI program
· Provides individual and group coaching to youth in carrying out their community projects
· Creates opportunities for group to connect and build sense of belonging
· Provides and maintains a safe environment that is culturally open and accessible in order to support the personal development of the youth
· Communicates with participants, parents, volunteers, vendors, and community partners in a professional manner about program updates
· Networks with the community via social media and participates in related networking meetings
· Coordinates logistics for their cohorts of youth, including scheduling with vendors and purchasing supplies to support the program
· Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers to assist in the implementation of daily program activities
· Shares trends of service needs with the Program Manager and compile reports
· Maintains up-to-date group records and individual youth case notes
· Maintains statistical records for accountability, funding application and development purposes
· Attends team/division staff meetings and training opportunities as required
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by Program Manager or Program Director
Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Human Services, or a related discipline
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with multicultural and vulnerable youth
· Experience with public speaking, group presentations, and content development
· Experience conducting need assessments and developing action plans
· Knowledge on the needs of vulnerable youth and mental health support
Job Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent engagement skills in working with multicultural youth
· Excellent group facilitation skills
· Excellent team player with internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to deal effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and internet/social media
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and program demands
· Ability to make decisions with sound judgment
· Second Language is an asset
• Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
• Standard First Aid certification is an asset
• Work evenings and weekends as required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply online by 11:59pm March 28, 2023 at https://successbc.bamboohr.com/careers/208?source=aWQ9MzQ%3D
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!