Do you enjoy working with families and supporting them with their self-identified goals? Are you resourceful, adaptable and want to empower families in becoming their own best advocates? Do you work from a trauma informed approach and have an interest in facilitating play and parent groups to provide goal setting supports, information and community connections for families?
As a Family Support Worker, you will provide support, information, advocacy and community connections to families. Deliver virtual and in person parent groups and home visits. Collaborating with the multi-disciplinary teamwork is a critical component this role utilizing case-management and wrap around support for our children and families.
Hours: Full-time. Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm. Evenings and weekends work may be required depending on children and families’ needs.
Why Join Our Team
- Be part of an organization that creates a lasting impact in improving the lives of families.
- Robust benefits program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Be mentored by a Registered Social Worker in a collaborative work environment that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth through supervisory and coaching sessions!
In Your Role You Will
- Schedule and perform home visitations with families in support of identifying and reaching their goals.
- Deliver developmental screenings on children while providing appropriate referrals and supports to families.
- Coordinate and facilitate play and parent groups based upon developmental needs.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide wrap around communication supports for children.
- De-brief and consult with program partners, inter-agency members and other community stakeholders to network and establish collaborative partnerships.
- Input and manage case documentation on School Cloud database.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Human Ecology, Child and Youth Care, Psychology or equivalencies of work experience and education will be considered.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Requires use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton including: valid class 5 driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, vehicle registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers is an asset.
- Child Development Certificate.
- Suicide Intervention.
- Special Needs Assistant Certificate.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training.
- Trauma inform training
- Awareness of the Human Rights Act
- 1+ years’ experience working with pre-school children.
- Experience working with socially, economically, and / or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of work experience and education.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an in