WECAN Food Basket Society is looking to hire an Outreach Coordinator, in a part time position approximately 10 hrs/week for 10 months. The Outreach Coordinator would use various forms of outreach, to connect to agencies and services that support low- income and fixed-income individuals, seniors, and others. This enthusiastic and go-getting individual will provide awareness of the WECAN Food Basket program and facilitate potential collaboration, connection, and partnerships.
This would be a hybrid role, with the expectation of flexibility between work from home, working on site, or being mobile and visiting a variety of community spaces. WECAN has an office space within the Jerry Forbes Centre, which would be shared with our two current staff.
More details about WECAN, our program, history and mission can be found on our website, https://wecanfood.com/
Outreach Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Survey community members by questionnaire, telephone, or in person contacts to determine potential for connection, collaboration and/or partnership.
- Reconnect and reaffirm relationships with collaborative partners, particularly those suspended due to the challenges of COVID-19 in the past 3 years.
- Develop an outreach plan with reasonable goals in response to survey findings.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Schedule and/or participate in outreach agency fairs and other appropriate community exhibitions or events to provide community awareness.
- Participate in the provision of communication outreach with staff and board committees to develop press releases, brochures, social media posts and other marketing materials.
- Collect and summarize data developed from outreach activities in current and potential WECAN depot communities for WECAN staff and board.
- Perform administrative duties including work plan and time reporting.
- Strong knowledge of the social service network both public and nonprofit, in Edmonton and an interest in marketing in a social service setting.
- Work approach incorporates EDI values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational, communication and personal time management skills.
- 1-2 years post-secondary education in social work, marketing, or public relations or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience with institutional databases, public access sites, and primary research skills.
- Good reporting, technical, and statistical skills.
- Access to a computer or laptop, cellphone, and personal vehicle. Mileage and cellphone usage would be included in the wage compensation for this role.
- Valid driver’s license.