Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours a week
Start Date: TBD
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posting Date: March 15, 2023
- Acts as the Human Resources account manager for assigned client portfolio, for a range of Human Resources strategic initiatives and services, guides leaders in HR strategies;
- Builds positive working relationships with client management, employees, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all HR programs and services by providing accurate decisions on behalf of HR, advising and ensuring the fair and consistent application of HR policies and procedures for all client activities and initiatives;
- Involved in daily employee relations as required;
- Supports and guides people leaders in performance management, discipline and termination meetings;
- Conducts fact finding investigations;
- Has a deep understanding of clients’ specific service delivery models and objectives and proactively provides strategic management coaching and advises on sensitive and confidential matters including leadership coaching, performance management, team building, engagement;
- Diagnoses issues, recommends solutions and develops/delivers focused and effective solutions to support achievement of client needs and goals through an integrated approach;
- Provides project management and executes successful change strategies for HR initiatives and provides change management leadership and support for departmental initiatives;
- Develops and delivers management training to introduce new policies, address gaps in processes and build capacity;
- Supports full cycle job posting and recruitment processes;
- Manages sick leaves, Long-Term Disability claims and assists with Return-to-Work for designated portfolio;
- Supports the Short-Term Disability management process;
- Develops and delivers key HR programs and processes including Wellness Programs, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Employee Survey, Change Management, Leadership Development, Performance Management, Recognition;
- Leads and manages corporate project teams on transformation, Health and Safety initiatives, Mental Health, Engagement initiatives or others as required;
- Champions the Health and Safety Initiatives as co-lead and certified Management Representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee;
- Maintains appropriate record-keeping and reporting in accordance with YWCA Hamilton’s policies and procedures, and confidentiality/privacy policies;
- Maintains high level of confidentiality when working with sensitive employee and contract information;
- Develops new policies and procedures, or updates as required, and ensures that best practices are always incorporated;
- Develops and implements appropriate systems and efficiencies to ensure monitoring of deliverables and projects and initiatives in compliance with work schedules and outcomes;
- Provides regular reports and updates to Director and client management teams when required;
- Identifies and evaluates risks associated with risks associated with the YWCA Human Resources practices, and takes appropriate action to control the risks;
- Participates in community Human Resources networking groups and committees as needed;
- Works safely, reports all workplace hazards and follows all YWCA Hamilton Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Understands emerging trends, leading practices, industry professional standards;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works a standard 37.5- hour work week;
- Occasional work at Ottawa Street location.
- Completion of 3 years’ college in Human Resources, social services or business, or equivalent;
- 2 years’ experience working in the non-profit sector or public sector with progressive experience with Human Resources, client relationship management and/or customer facing roles;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset;
- Must have experience working with all aspects of a Human Resources Management System (HRMS);
- Experience in full cycle recruitment is preferred;
- Certifications 1 and 2 for Joint Health and Safety (JHSC) considered an asset;
- Knowledge of key HR related legislation, policies, procedures and industry trends is an asset;
- Experience in consulting, coaching and facilitation skills are preferred;
- Solid experience in employee relations is an asset;
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Ability to lead with a feminist, anti-racist / anti-oppressive perspective for day to day work and strategic planning;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
YWork for us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are women, First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, LGBTQ2S+; individuals with disabilities; and individuals from racialized communities or other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.