Junior Instructor Therapist
One (1) Year Contract
Do you have a passion for working with children with Autism and want to empower them to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a pioneer in developing leading edge resources, programs and services that serve as models for other organizations throughout the world. Our mission is to empower individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families, to fully participate in their communities.
The Junior Instructor Therapist is responsible for working directly with children with ASD and their families in the provision of an ABA program to include but not limited to, following behaviour plans, data collection and display, and preparation of program materials.
Provide direct service in the ABA Classroom (under the supervision of a BCBA) in a one-on-one and/or in a group setting to include but not limited to the following:
• Implementing programs according to the treatment plan
• Carry a caseload
• Provide input into each child’s curriculum
• Address personal care requirements of the child during each session
• Monitor and track behavioural data/follow behavioural protocols
• Prepare teaching materials
• Record and graphs data, writes progress notes and flags exceptional circumstances as well as the need for changes to the program plan
• Ensures ongoing communication with Program/Clinical Supervisor and/or Instructor Therapist
Successful candidates will bring the following:
• University degree or College diploma in behavioural sciences, social services, psychology or early childhood education
• Behavioural Science diploma is an asset
• Up to 1 year work experience (equivalent education and experience may be considered)
• Have a good understanding of early childhood education, autism and applied behaviour analysis
• Previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or Autism
• Available to work evenings, weekend, in home and centre-based
• An interest in professional development and further developing clinical skills
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members and accept feedback and direction;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Access to a reliable means of transportation (e.g., TTC, personal vehicle);
• Comfortable working in a structured environment
• Demonstrated reliability and dependability
• Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
• Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Working conditions include:
• Classroom setting
• Must be able to wear a mask and shield throughout their shift (if required)
• Must be willing to do cleaning duties
• Ability to spend most of the day at the child’s level, i.e. sitting on the floor, or on child height chairs
• Able to bend, stoop and lift child to adult height (up to 20 kg) and to move children’s furniture or equipment to prepare room for programming needs
Why Work for GCA:
• Salary: $47,765-$54,245
• EAP and Headspace access
• Learning and Development opportunities
• Internationally recognized leadership and innovation in the field of ASD
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positions have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to
Please quote Job #8.23
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!