This is a full-time non-Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Researches prospective employers who are hiring or looking to train employees.
- Follows-up with employers to obtain proof of payment/pay stubs in a timely manner.
- Prepares claims and submits to manager ensuring that all documentation is in place for processing by the finance department; reconciles claims with budget allocations for each application/placement to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts outreach to community partners for client outreach
- Builds and maintains COSTI’s online Employer Database, registers employers and supports employers posting positions on the Employer Database
- Utilizes telephone contacts, conferences, networking events, site visits and other methods to understand short term and long-term labour market and business trends to respond to employers’ hiring and training needs.
- Represents COSTI Employment Services at Brampton and Mississauga Employer Services Network, Peel Halton Workforce Development Group, Boards of Trade meetings, etc.
- Participates in seminars, job fairs and conferences to network with employers and create connections.
- Organizes virtual and onsite job fairs with employers
- Collaborates and communicates with Employment Consultants to enhance their understanding of employer/labour market information and needs
- Coordinates with Employment Consultants to understand the backgrounds of registered clients and conducts outreach to employers to market clients
- Acts as a resource to staff on the functionality/use of COSTI’s Employer Database.
- Prepares weekly/monthly statistical and narrative progress reports about employer employer contacts, placements and Employer Database updates; takes lead role with preparing quarterly reports as required by its government funder.
- Works in collaboration with COSTI’s Marketing Department to create effective program marketing campaigns, including web content, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College diploma in Marketing, Business or related profession or Career and Work diploma or equivalent with relevant job development experience.
- Must have nine (9) months full time experience working with employers and placing clients, and meeting performance targets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), MS Teams applications. Must also possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems, databases and technologies.
- Verbal and written fluency in English. The ability to speak another language is an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario labour market trends and education and training programs.
- Experience working with internationally trained professionals and diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written English communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with exacting standards of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle for work-related travel within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
LOCATION: 6750 Wilson Churchill Blvd, Mississauga and 10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton
START DATE: April 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $47, 790 to $51, 435 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: March 16, 2022
CLOSING DATE: March 29, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference # 77-23, to: