Who we are searching for:
Volunteer Strathcona is seeking an individual who is passionate about the social well-being of our community and Strathcona County residents, and who is looking for an opportunity to use their interpersonal, technical, and administrative skills to contribute to our work supporting non-profits and the voluntary sector in Strathcona County.
What we do:
Since 1976, Volunteer Strathcona has been a champion of volunteers and non-profit organizations throughout Strathcona County. Our mission is to connect volunteers with opportunities and enable the development of local organizations to meet social needs in our community.
Why you want to work for us:
You will have a frontline role in making a difference for non-profits and volunteers throughout Strathcona County.
What your role would look like:
As our Volunteer and Administrative Coordinator, you will report to our Executive Director and will be responsible for:
- Exploring the interests and skills of volunteers to help match them with volunteer opportunities.
- Overseeing applications and screening of volunteers matched with Volunteer Strathcona’s direct delivery programs; supporting our volunteers with orientation/training, scheduling, tracking hours, and mentorship in their roles.
- Determining eligibility of Strathcona County residents seeking assistance from our direct delivery programs and supporting the development of relationships between those residents and volunteers.
- Administration of various databases, such as Better Impact and Volunteer Connector
- Providing data on volunteer activities for reporting purposes.
- First point of contact for Strathcona County residents looking to volunteer or access services, including phone, email, in-person, and social media contacts.
- Work with the rest of the team to update and review Volunteer Strathcona program, initiatives, procedures, and documentation, and to participate in community events.
- General administrative and office duties as required.
What you possess:
- Post-secondary diploma in administration, volunteer management or another field related to the role.
- At least two years of related work experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience in confidently and effectively communicating with members of the public, by telephone, email, social media & other written formats, as well as in-person.
- Experience using and updating databases, proficient use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and knowledge and experience in all Google Platforms
- Alignment with Volunteer Strathcona’s mission and values, and with the core principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of Strathcona County community organizations.
- Flexibility and a commitment to strong teamwork
- *Please note that a Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector check will be required.
What we can offer you:
- Annual salary range of $40k - $48k (based on experience and certification)
- Full-Time / 35 Hours per week (8:30 am – 4:30 pm – Monday to Friday)
- Health Benefits
- RRSP Contribution after 6 months