Who We Are:
The South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice Society (SOS Division), an organization that supports local family physicians with a mission to improve comprehensive primary patient care, is growing and we are looking for a Finance Assistant to prepare and process all financial documents to support the Finance Team. You will be a part of a collaborative team that is purpose-driven and truly cares about the people we work with, our clients, and the communities we work and live in. This position is full-time.
We strive to create and support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all employees. Where your unique contribution is recognized and appreciated, and where our team has your back. We drive innovation and foster a culture of continuous improvement. You will thrive if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented learning organization.
Beyond the Paycheck (Benefits & Perks):
At SOS Division, we offer
• Family, fun learning environment
• Competitive base pay
• Extended health and dental benefits program
• Paid vacation
• Innovative and growth orientated mindset
• Accommodating work schedules when needed
• Staff development learning and training
Are you a good match for what we are looking for?
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
• Preparing payroll and sessionals
• Prepare and process expenses
• Organize and process accounts payable and receivable
• Collect, code and input all data into accounting software
• Responding to financial inquiries from Division staff as needed
• Create, maintain and file financial information
The position is ideal for an individual who has:
• Post-secondary degree in accounting, bookkeeping or business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 1 year of
prior payroll administration experience
• At least 2 years of previous administration experience
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of payroll practices and processes
• Proficiency with one or more accounting systems
• Highly competent with technology, MS Office and computer use in general (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams)
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritization, goal setting, etc.
• Ability to meet deadlines and function well in a high-paced environment with changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of professionalism including confidentiality, discretion, tact and diplomacy
• Positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
• Flexible and adaptable to changing work demands
• Strong work ethic (dedicated and hardworking)
• Proven desire to continually improve processes
• “Customer”-service focus
• High attention to detail
• Team Player
• Experience within healthcare, a non-profit community, or social services organization is preferred
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!