Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 Weekdays Flexible for families - 40 hrs/wk may include some evenings & weekends to accommodate the families we service schedules
329-31 - High Prairie Family Resilience (Supporting parents/caregivers with children ages 7-18)
By building a culturally responsive plan, based on best practices and the family's specific needs, the Family Support Worker is able to help parents/caregivers work towards life changing results, even in the most complex of cases. Services are designed to fit family and may include building a sustainable support network, positive relationships within the family and resilience for future growth and success.
Individuals, community agencies, government services, teachers, victim supports and caregivers themselves can refer families to our program and families receive supports in the privacy of their own homes and their communities.
Together, the Family Support Worker and parents/caregivers explore ways to successfully and safely raise their children, build their strengths and learn new skills such as healthy, daily routine, parent-child attachment, development milestones, conflict resolution, etc.
**Qualification requirements deem this to be Family Support Worker level 2.**
This position requires a reliable vehicle, as travel to/within High Prairie and nearby communities is necessary.
In Your Role You Will
• Travel (in your own vehicle – travel reimbursed) to family homes, meet them at the library, in a park, at the office, virtually and/or in their community.
• Establish trusting relationships with families and their children; assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, routines, and other areas of interest.
• Work with parents/caregivers who need support in building stronger self-assurance, conflict management with caregivers, addiction and mental health support and other items identified by the family.
• Evening and occasional weekend work is required, as this is the time when families with children are together which can be a stressful time for families.
• Connect families with support networks, outside agencies and community resources and organize ongoing service delivery.
• Client file management which involves timely documentation and recording of client involvement.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Social Work Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Work, Social Service Worker, Addictions, Community Support Work, etc.
• 2+ years social work experience in family support/intervention, youth work, trauma, etc.
• Previous experience in developing community events and projects to engage with youth and families, is desirable.
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate
• Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training and cultural sensitivity
• Experience working with computer software systems (word, excel, data systems)
• Highly motivated, and able to work independently
What WJS Canada does
What WJS Canada does in Family and Community Support Sector:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time and Supervised Visits
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Early Prevention Programs
Our Employees Enjoy
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life, 3 weeks annual vacation and more!
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!