We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the part-time position of Program Coordinator for our Youth-Led Community Projects program. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the awarding of small grants to youth-led community projects that promote positive change and growth within our community. This individual will work closely with community leaders, youth groups, and local organizations to identify projects that align with our mission and values, and will provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure the success of these projects.
- Collaborate with community leaders and local organizations to identify and prioritize youth-led community projects that align with our mission and values.
- Develop and implement processes for awarding small grants to eligible youth-led community projects.
- Ensure that grant applications are reviewed and evaluated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to youth-led project leaders to ensure the success of their projects.
- Coordinate with local organizations and volunteers to provide resources and support for youth-led projects.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to the program, including grant applications, evaluations, and financial records.
- Assist with planning and coordination of events and activities related to the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience working with youth and/or community organizations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of grant-making processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
This is a part-time position that will require approximately 20-25 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work may be required. The salary for this position starts at $20 per hour and is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.