About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Program & Role Description: Conveniently located in Etobicoke, North York, Downtown Toronto, York, and Scarborough, The Career Foundation’s five (5) full-suite Employment Centres provide job seekers with a full range of services, including exploring career options, improving their résumés, preparing for interviews, and much more. Our Employment Centres also offer a range of services to employers, including job matching, hiring fairs, retention advice, and other services.
The Employer Services Consultants are essential members of the team, responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with employers in multiple sectors, assessing workforce development needs of our employer partners, and implementing solutions in response to those needs. The Employer Services Consultants also work directly with our job seeker clients to provide job development support and direct connections to employment opportunities that are developed through relationship building with our employer partners.
Position Type: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
Number of positions: 1
Experience required: 2+ years
Reporting to: Area Manager
Location & Requirements: This opportunity is currently structured as a hybrid-remote position comprised of on-site work at The Career Foundation’s Lawrence Allen Employment Centre, frequent local travel within the communities served to perform essential duties, and remote, work-from-home functions. The successful candidate must possess a valid Ontario G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle to perform essential job functions. The hybrid-remote schedule is based on operational needs and contingent on the successful candidate possessing a private work-from-home space with reliable, high-speed internet. Option to work fully on-site from the office, if preferred, is also available. Company laptop and other equipment provided.
Start date: As soon as possible
Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
Responsibilities include the following:
Employer Outreach, Relationship Building, and Workforce Development
- Contacts employers to promote The Career Foundation’s relevant employer service offerings and develops new relationships with employers each week in a variety of industries.
- Consistently monitors and tracks own success rates to achieve individual targets that contribute to the team achieving its overall objectives.
- Supports employers in identifying their workforce development needs and provides them with solutions to address those needs.
- Works with employers to fill their job vacancies by facilitating recruitment initiatives, including preparing job postings, and advertising positions on job boards to recruit qualified candidates.
- Plans, organizes, and hosts job fairs and hiring events on behalf of employer partners.
- Supports employer partners on various areas of their business and provides them with additional resources as needed.
- Arranges employer guest speakers to educate job seeker clients on employment opportunities, workplace expectations, and other information to support job seeker clients with achieving successful outcomes.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation on all job development activities performed, including client interviews arranged, recruitment status of employer vacancies, and other job development activities.
- Works in collaboration with fellow team members to plan, execute, and continuously monitor effective outreach plans to recruit new clients and maintain up-to-date records of outreach efforts conducted.
- Plans and participates in community events, job fairs, and related activities to promote The Career Foundation’s services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Development, Placement, and Retention
- Places job seeker clients into employment by matching them into advertised and non-advertised job opportunities, including employment opportunities developed through establishing effective relationships with employer partners.
- Conducts on-site visits at new employer partner facilities to ensure that employers provide suitable and safe workplace environments.
- Negotiates and administers placement, incentive, and other agreements with employers, including wage subsidies.
- Ensures quality of placements by appropriately matching candidates’ skills with job requirements.
- Serves as a resource to employed clients and employer partners to mediate issues if they arise and provides other supports that lead to job retention.
- Provides coaching and support to help job seeker clients overcome barriers to employment.
- Supports job retention goals by monitoring clients’ employment progress and providing post-employment advice and support as needed.
- Provides job seekers with information about expectations in the workplace and other topics that help strengthen their potential to find and retain employment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in human services, marketing, business, or a related field that is relevant to the duties of the position is highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in job development, coaching, sales, business development and/or recruitment, or experience that is directly transferrable to the responsibilities of the position, is required.
- Must be willing to work on-site from The Career Foundation’s Lawrence Allen Employment Centre on a consistent basis and possess a valid Ontario G driver’s licence and reliable vehicle to conduct essential work-related travel within the communities served.
- Previous experience with community outreach, developing relationships with employers and/or familiarity with Employment Ontario programming considered a strong asset. Candidates who meet all the above qualifications and possess an existing network of employers that could be relied upon to provide employment opportunities for job seeker clients, will be prioritized.
- Proven track record in a results-driven environment with solid experience meeting targets.
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, job search techniques and employment research methods considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills. Bilingualism considered an asset.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams and SharePoint. Must possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure that the team is successful in meeting all objectives.
The Career Foundation’s Commitment:
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.