WJS Canada, a national, social services agency, supports persons with diverse abilities to learn new skills, achieve goals, increase independence and participate in their community.
Some programs require a gender-specific position based the needs of the persons served; assistance with personal care, dressing and hygiene, trauma based behaviors, and/or at the request of the family/guardian.
EARN EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR SPARE TIME!
Work as much or as little as you desire.
WJS Canada, is building our 24/7 CASUAL FLOAT POOL to work a variety of shifts as a Community Disability Support Worker, covering staff illness, leaves, vacation etc. in Vegreville, Alberta.
AVAILABILITY to work day, night (sleep) or Night (awake) shifts
WHEN DO I WORK? Set your availability and pick up any available open shifts.
HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE? $22.43+/hr plus pay in lieu of benefits
*Work in complex needs programs is an additional $3/hr*
WHEN CAN I START? As soon as possible!
Complete the signup process and provide the required security clearances.
Grow with us! As casual staff, you are also eligible to apply for part-time and full-time jobs!
In Your Role You Will
• Assist persons with developmental disabilities in a private residential or group home setting achieve their goals, become more independent and involved in their community.
• Supports vary according to individual service plans and goals; from personal care, housekeeping or companionship to developing a specific skill to learning general living skills like budgeting, meal planning, shopping.
• Support may be provided one-on-one or with others.
• promote inclusion in community activities involving artistic, educational, recreational programming and participation in the volunteer sector.
• link the client to community support services and employment coaching such as resume building or job searches.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Grade 12 diploma or diploma in Disability Studies or related Social Sciences/Human Services or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years community rehabilitation experience as well as experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Specialized education and training and/or demonstrated success in relevant settings.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract and proof of insurability.
- First Aid/CPR, Restrictive Procedures, Abuse Protocols, Non Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention.
- Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Opportunities to grow into part-time or full-time employment
• Generous benefit packages for full time employees including, extended health, dental, AD&D, Dependent Life Insurance.
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!