About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Role Description: The Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Proposal Writing is an essential member of The Career Foundation, focused on generating new funding and business development opportunities through researching, writing, and submitting proposals. The Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Proposal Writing will also work closely with the executive team to support with writing and editing of other official documents and completing special projects and tasks to help ensure the success of the organization.
- Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), 18-month contract with strong possibility to lead to permanent
- Location: This opportunity is currently structured as a hybrid-remote position comprised of remote-based, work-from-home functions, as well as on-site work at The Career Foundation’s sites and stakeholder locations, as needed. The hybrid-remote schedule is contingent on the successful candidate possessing a private work-from-home space with reliable, high-speed internet. Option to work fully on-site from the office is also available, if preferred. Company laptop and other equipment provided.
- Years of experience: 3+
- Reporting to: Director of Workforce Development
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Researching, developing, preparing, and submitting funding proposals for new projects to achieve revenue goals.
- Reviewing and comprehending RFPs and reference points for the purpose of tailoring compelling funding proposals.
- Managing proposal and project development from concept to completion, including coordinating and collecting information from in-house subject matter experts.
- Writing, editing and formatting qualifications, project descriptions, and other written deliverables.
- Ensuring proposals comply with required standards, such as page limits, paragraph headings, numbering guidelines, and other requirements.
- Keeping the executive team updated on key announcements and opportunities for funding or business development.
- Reviewing and editing all projects’ narrative reports for funders and providing feedback and edits for directors and managers.
- Producing and editing other business documents, including rewriting, revising, and formatting.
- Reviewing new contracts and noting key dates and information.
- Supporting “start-up” activities for new projects generated as a result of successful funding proposals to help ensure that new project teams are successful.
- Supporting the executive team as needed and leading special projects, as assigned, to ensure KPIs are achieved.
- Representing The Career Foundation at stakeholder meetings as assigned.
- Travelling between offices periodically for meetings and tasks.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Workforce Development or CEO.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- University degree in Journalism, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field is highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ direct or transferable experience in proposal/bid writing and business development, with highly developed writing and editing skills. Candidates who possess all the above qualifications and previous experience in a writing or editing role will be prioritized.
- Strong detail orientation, critical thinking, time management, and ability to take initiative and multi-task in order to meet deadlines and achieve targets and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in planning a project from start to finish, including project design, research, budgeting, proposal writing, etc.
- Ability to work independently and build strong working relationships with various teams.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information and exhibit tact, diplomacy, and sound judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills relating to planning, record-keeping, and maintaining and executing an ongoing timetable of activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods, when needed.
- Flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to take initiative where needed to ensure that objectives are achieved.
The Career Foundation’s Commitment:
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.