JHST is looking for Part-time/Relief Program Counsellors to work out of our two residential programs- Crossroads and Donald G. Evans.
Schedule: Hours/Days may vary depending on needs of the program. (for all shifts including WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS, STAT HOLIDAYS, OVERNIGHTS)
1. Be familiar with all relevant client information including PBC conditions, offence pattern, risk/needs factors and family concerns.
2. Make appropriate decisions based upon the above information, in compliance with society policies and procedures.
3. Respond to client needs during his/her shift
4. During his / her shift will monitor and maintain all established program procedures and policies.
5. Identify deficiencies in the current program practices (agency policy and procedures and contract obligations) and make recommendations or take action to remedy same.
6. Respond to all fire safety and security issues during his/her shift.
7. Perform program maintenance during his/her shift.
8. Document all significant contact with clients, using the client daily logs, the log book or an incident report as the situation dictates.
9. Develop interpersonal relationships with the clients in order to assist in the attainment of the clients’ goals.
10. Assume the responsibility for a limited case load at the discretion of the Program Director.
11. Assist in the auditing of agency/ contractual standards.
12. Assist in review and revision of agency policy and procedures, program rules etc.
13. Assist in developing a resource library via literature review, newspaper reviews and video reviews.
14. Perform administrative tasks (filing, word processing, photocopying etc.)
15. Remain awake, alert and attentive to client needs at all times when on shift.
16. Perform other duties or assignment as directed by the Director or his/her designate
17. Deliver services in a way that reflects the racial, cultural, linguistic and gender specific needs of the community being served.
18. Ability to understand and apply principles of Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression Framework to interactions
1. Community College Diploma or University Degree and/or combination of education and experience
2. Knowledge of community resources
3. Intermediate-Advanced word processing skills are required.
4. Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
The John Howard Society is an equal opportunity employer and a United Way anchor agency. This positon will be covered under the union agreement between John Howard Society of Toronto and SEIU Healthcare. JHST is in compliance with AODA standards. Should you be invited to an interview and require assistance or accommodations, please contact us in advance of the interview.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.*
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!