Are you passionate about improving health and healthcare? Do you excel at leading teams to implement strategic communications and marketing plans that deliver results? Are you a bilingual communications leader with a strong client orientation?
If this sounds like you, apply to join Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) today. HEC works with partners to spread innovation, build capability, and catalyze policy change so that everyone in Canada has safe and high-quality healthcare.
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director, Communications & Marketing
Salary Range: $112,946 - $135,535
Location: We are a pan-Canadian healthcare organization and welcome candidates from across Canada. Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario and we welcome flexible work options such as permanent/fully remote, hybrid and compressed work weeks.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
How to apply: Visit https://hecesc.bamboohr.com/jobs/
The Manager, Communications, is a senior member of the Communications and Marketing team and is responsible for leading a team of communications business partners who provide strategic communications services to the organization. The Manager oversees the development and implementation of strategic communications plans within each of the business partners’ portfolios, and ensures an effective system is in place for allocating resources and team capacity to a dynamic roster of projects. The person in this role will also help lead HEC’s thought leadership and media relations strategy and works closely with others on the team to identify opportunities to grow awareness of and engagement with HEC among key audiences.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Leads the Communications Services team, overseeing the centralized intake of activities with internal clients and assigning work to the team of Communications and Marketing Business Partners.
- In collaboration with the Communications Services team and other Communications and Marketing colleagues, proactively identifies opportunities for strategic communications and marketing activities.
- Oversees and supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic communications and marketing plans to promote HEC and its programs and initiatives.
- Provides leadership and reviews a wide variety of products prepared by Communications & Marketing Business Partners supporting internal clients with content for web, social media, internal communications, e-mail marketing, media relations and more.
- Leads HEC media relations, including proactive media outreach, responsive media requests and media monitoring, as well as collaborating with the Manager, Enterprise and Digital Marketing on thought leadership and other efforts to raise brand awareness.
- Supervises direct report(s) and provides overall leadership as a senior member of the Communications and Marketing team.
- Provides strategic communications advice and support to the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing, Manager, Enterprise and Digital Marketing, senior leadership team, and organization-wide colleagues.
For complete details, please see the Job Description.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar function is required, including at least three (3) years in a supervisory/management role, preferably in a healthcare delivery or not-for-profit organization.
- Bilingual in French and English is required (English and French Communication at the Advanced “C” level).
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft Office suite and virtual environment are required.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Inclusive leadership style and highly developed people management skills.
- Well versed in concepts and strategies around all facets of communications and marketing including, but not limited to, website content, social media, graphic design accessibility (including AODA) and email marketing.
- Ability to foster strong internal and external relationships.
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to plan and collaborate with other teams across the organization.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of a healthcare improvement organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills, well organized and attentive to detail.
HEC currently offers:
- Competitive salary with a bilingual bonus (if applicable)
- Full access to our comprehensive benefits package on the 1st day of employment
- Flexible work options including onsite, hybrid, or fully remote and flexible hours of work
- Holiday break closure in December between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Generous vacation and personal leave plans
- A defined benefit pension plan with the CAAT Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Allowance
- Remote Work/Parking Allowance
- Paid professional association fees
- Educational and development opportunities
- On site (Ottawa) gym and complimentary coffee/tea
- Social activities
*HEC is open to exploring the possibility of secondments and interchanges with other organizations as part of our recruitment process.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusivity. HEC is committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views, as the more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.