INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Kitchen Coordinator – Part-Time
Approx. 24 hours per week:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday;
Approx. 7am to 2pm
Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor, the Kitchen Coordinator, will assist with the development and implementation the in-house meal production service for Caledon Meals on Wheels. This opportunity is currently located in Bolton and includes cooking and packaging of meals for Seniors and people with disabilities. This position works collaboratively with the Meals on Wheels team including volunteers and practicum students.
- Assist the Kitchen Supervisor to plan, prepare and package hot nutritious meals and snacks 4 days/week in accordance with applicable food service and safety regulations.
- Assist the Kitchen Supervisor to develop seasonal menus for the Meals on Wheels program in conjunction with team and dietary consultants.
- Assist the Kitchen Supervisor to source, purchase and manage stock and supplies and ensure all items are correctly issued, used and accounted for.
- Ensure appropriate stock, food rotation procedures, and best before dates, are adhered to.
- Assist the Kitchen Supervisor to observe set program budget for food purchases and ensure wastages are kept to a minimum.
- Always maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen and storage areas before, during and after food preparation.
- Maintain and monitor food quality standards including supplier quality control.
- Recording and monitoring temperature and equipment logs.
- Integrate, train and support volunteers and students as required.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours and attitudes in line with CMOW mission, vision and values and promote a reputation food and service excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional agency meetings, activities, and promotion.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Culinary Certificate/ Diploma or a minimum of 2 years of prior experience in high volume cooking.
- Experience in budgeting and purchasing.
- Knowledge and skills in nutrition is an asset.
- Familiarity using a commercial dishwasher, ovens and stove tops, and cold storage.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner with a high degree of independence.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in working for a Non-Profit organization serving Seniors and people with disabilities.
- Current Food Handlers’ and First Aid Certificates.
- A valid Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle an asset.
- Ability to lift and move boxes and equipment (up to 30lbs).
- Ability to work positively in a shared kitchen.
- Criminal Reference/ Vulnerable Sector Check is required.