INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Meals on Wheels & Security Check Administrator
Approx. 21 hours - 8:30am to 1pm Monday to Friday
Submission Deadline: ASAP or Until Filled
Reports to the Client and Volunteer Services Supervisor and is responsible for supporting the successful operation of the Meals on Wheels service by scheduling and following up with volunteer drivers, completing security checks, and being the back up to the Meals on Wheels Coordinator as needed. This position is based out of Bolton but does require travel throughout Caledon, Orangeville and the surrounding areas.
Responsibilities – Meals on Wheels
- Preparation, maintenance and troubleshooting the volunteer meal driver schedule.
- Follow up with safety checks for clients not at home to receive meals.
- Deliver meals when volunteer drivers are absent.
- Complete client intakes, and forward meal orders and changes as needed to Meals Coordinator.
- Collect and approve volunteer driver mileage and submit to bookkeeper for reimbursement.
- Orient and train meal drivers in their roles and responsibilities as a volunteer
- Provide support to volunteers as needed over the phone and on-site and forward emerging issues or concerns to the Supervisor.
- Assist with the implementation of the volunteer meetings/ activities
- Implement recommendations for corrective actions from incident investigations.
- Enter client and volunteer intake forms and service data/ statistics into database.
- Act as a backup to the Meals on Wheels Coordinator when away
- Participate in and support CMOW events, outreach, and fundraising activities as required.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience; preferably in Community or Health Services environment.
- Experience working with seniors, volunteers and general public.
- Prioritizes work to meet deadlines.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, detail oriented and able to work efficiently in a busy office environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with computers, MSOffice, and other software/ database applications.
- Ability to handle people and proprietary information with sensitivity, confidentiality, and diplomacy.
- Regular/ daily access to a car is required.
- Criminal Reference/ Vulnerable Sector Check is required.