Kelowna Gospel Mission (KGM) is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to providing food to the hungry, shelter for the unsheltered, and help for the hurting. KGM ministers to the whole person, spirit, soul, and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart. Our services include outreach, case management, emergency shelters, dental clinic, thrift store, and supportive housing. To learn more, check out our website at www.kelownagospelmission.ca
The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for developing and executing a multi-year fundraising strategy. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Resource Development in all development and fundraising endeavours. The Major Gifts Officer will engage and be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, church partnership, and stewardship.
- Cultivate relationships designed to understand the donor/prospect goals in alignment with our organization's values
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- Develop strategies for existing donors and new donors as well as gifting opportunities and major gifts
- Partner with the Director of Resource Development to identify key strategic major gifts opportunities on an annual basis.
- Create fundraising goals and budgets and oversee the solicitation of funds to meet these goals in conjunction with the Director of Resource Development
- Present viable new gifting opportunities to the team for consideration and implementation.
- Develop and manage relationships with corporate and community partners, by networking with potential and current donors, Board Members, and volunteers to nurture their interest in people with acute needs
- Be a visible and enthusiastic advocate for people with acute needs in the community and support the organization by attending events, making presentations, and networking with targeted audiences to inform them about KGM and opportunities to support our work.
- Assist the Marketing team to develop and implement multi-channel communication strategies to increase awareness and clarify giving opportunities
- Model KGM values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Grace-led, & Transformation;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all residents, volunteers, and employees by building bridges of friendship wherever possible while being observant of the Policy and Procedures of KGM
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Non-profit management, Business, Communications, or Marketing;
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising or development for a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, strategies, and techniques;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write compelling proposals and donor letters;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of individuals, including the ability to recruit, motivate, and lead employees and volunteers;
- Exhibits cultural sensitivity and competence, and demonstrates the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines, while performing tasks efficiently both independently and as a part of a dynamic culturally diverse team;
- Must be goal-oriented and able to perform independently, displaying initiative, and a strong sense of commitment and trust.
This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference in the Kelowna community; we are looking forward to hearing from you!