Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve lives of children, youth and families who are facing challenges. The WJS Canada office is a busy administration hub supporting the WJS Family Services programs, staff and management in Slave Lake and area.
The Administrative Assistant will assist Program Managers with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing job posting request forms, conducting reference checks and credential verifications, petty cash and expense reports, as well as, coordinating the social services drive program and other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit invoices, bills, expense claims, etc.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests etc.
• Telephone and in-person reception.
• Schedule appointments
• Work with Program Manager to coordinate/schedule social service drives for local families
• Create reports, documentation and written communications.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Full job description available upon request
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources)
• 1+ years office administration experience
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Good working knowledge of client and personnel file maintenance, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their struggles.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health benefits
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Best practices programming and innovative client care.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!