Position Title Administrative Assistant
Organization Structure Reports to the Program Manager POE
Job Status Full Time
Location Pearson Airport
Wage $20.97/hr for 40hrs per week
This is a Bargaining Unit Position
Reporting to the Program Manager POE, this role requires a candidate who is tech-savvy and pays great attention to detail, and has excellent time management and organizational skills. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a high level of professional maturity and judgment, and should have the ability to identify/anticipate the needs of the Program’s team and clients. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to the Program Manager to ensure that Polycultural’s goals and objectives are accomplished and that operations run efficiently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage official correspondences both written and verbal to different stakeholders
- Prepare various materials when requested, using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Monitor, update and report urgent messages for the Program Manager’s response.
- Conduct extensive online and offline research as requested
- Maintain programs’ stakeholder’s contacts and update it regularly
- Responsible for keeping records of all travel arrangements including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, etc.
- Keep all records and documentation for winter clothing distribution
- Organize all the filing and e-filling of the office
- Track office supplies and prepare purchase orders for Airport Terminal 1 and the Four Points offices, when needed
- Maintain calendars and manage the schedules of staff – arrange, coordinate and prioritize complex scheduling and logistics
- Arrange special meeting facilities (e.g. food, PC projector, etc.); send meeting confirmation emails; prepare and distribute meeting materials
- Provide telephone coverage to the office– take accurate messages, and handle urgent calls with appropriate judgment.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mails
- Ability to work as part of a team and under tight deadlines
- Maintain working relations with agency programs and partner agencies
- Provide accurate reporting for supervisor
- Actively participate in the professional development initiatives
- Perform any other related duties as required
- College/University diploma/degree in Administration or a related field is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as good facilitation skills
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely (verbal and written)
- Must possess the skills to maintain the highest level of professionalism when speaking with clients/stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Team
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively, with a strong, dynamic working style
- Good understanding of group dynamics and employee/employer principles.
- Flexible and results-oriented approach to work within a relatively structured environment with multiple sites
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and quickly gain credibility
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive employment issues
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills combined with common sense
- Proven time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities
Planning & Organizing/ Time Management:
Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
The ability to manage your own actions effectively and responsibly, well -being and time to achieve organizational goals, self-improvement and personal growth.
Uses a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communications
A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check (completed when an offer is made)