Contract Position - 1 year
35 hours Monday to Friday (Occasional Evening and Weekends Required)
Submission Deadline: ASAP or Until Filled
The Outreach & Engagement Coordinator will engage existing, past, and potential service users, caregivers, volunteers, and community/ system partners, to gain valuable insight into the changing needs of the community. These efforts will increase awareness of existing programs/services as well as to support the co-design of sustainable program and service improvements/ changes that is inclusive and meets the emerging needs and quality of life of our target population. This position is based out of Bolton but does require travel throughout Caledon, Orangeville, and the surrounding areas.
- Design and implement a detailed 12-month plan for community engagement and needs assessment activities.
- Organize and facilitate regular community engagement and outreach activities including but not limited to interviews, focus groups, surveys with key informants, stakeholders, community members and partners.
- Using a variety of inclusive strategies to ensure the participation of diverse community groups throughout the project to ensure their unique needs and experiences are reflected.
- Collect and organize the data so that it can be analyzed and presented effectively.
- Lead and support the discussion and decision making around feasibility and sustainability of recommendations.
- Develop the final report with findings and recommendations.
- Participate in, and support, community and CMOW events as required.
- An undergraduate degree in the social sciences or equivalent experience in community outreach and capacity building experience within the non-profit and / or the public sector.
- Experience developing and implementing community engagement and community development initiatives.
- Experience working with populations facing multiple barriers to accessible and equitable supports
- Highly developed public speaking and presentation skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in a second language spoken in the community is an asset.
- Experience with the collection and organization of data/ information.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with computers, MSOffice, and other software/ database applications.
- Regular/ daily access to a car is required.
- Criminal Reference/ Vulnerable Sector Check is required.