Contract Position Approx. 3 to 4 months
Approx. 20-30 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Submission Deadline: ASAP or Until Filled
The Social Enterprise Project Assistant will support the development and implementation of a social enterprise pilot project. This project will assess the viability of the concept as an alternate revenue generation to support CMOW’s existing programs and services. The initial pilot will focus on the in-house production of frozen food for clients and other community stakeholders. This position is based out of Bolton but may require travel throughout Caledon, Orangeville, and the surrounding areas.
- Work alongside our Executive Director and Social Enterprise Consultant to establish and roll out CMOW’s frozen food pilot project.
- Support all aspects of the pilot including responsibilities such as maintain relationships with customers, ordering and inventory management.
- Research equipment, food and other related operational costs and organize the information so that it can be analyzed and presented effectively.
- Research other like products for comparison, organize the information so that it can be analyzed and presented effectively.
- Support staff and volunteers in the kitchen as required for food production and assembly.
- Support the marketing and outreach to potential customers for the products.
- Research governmental and non-governmental grants that are available for social enterprises in Ontario.
- Follow up with clients/customers when required; ensure high quality customer service.
- Collect and organize customer feedback for analysis.
- Other duties related to the social enterprise as required by the team.
- Participate in, and support, community and CMOW events as required.
- Undergraduate studies in business administration, marketing or sales or equivalent experience.
- Background in food service training and management is an asset.
- An interest in developing new businesses, networking, and develop relationships.
- An interest in meeting the needs of seniors and people with disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in a second language spoken in the community is an asset.
- Experience with the collection and organization of data/ information.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with computers, MSOffice, CANVA and other software.
- Regular/ daily access to a car is required.
- Criminal Reference/ Vulnerable Sector Check is required.