Full-time Canada Summer Jobs Opportunity
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* for the duration of the employment and,
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign Students are not eligible
Applicants should also have the following qualifications/skills:
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Have excellent customer services skills with both internal and external customers
- Self-directed, motivated, takes initiative
- Have superior organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites
- Familiarity with HootSuite, Google Analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new skills
Preferred candidates will be enrolled in either a college and/or university level program, majoring in one of the following disciplines:
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Web Developer
- Marketing related certificates and/or degrees
What you will do: Support Job Skills’ Marketing department by:
- Becoming familiar with the organization’s overall marketing strategy, as well as the strategies for individual programs/services.
- Assisting with the creation/revision of specific marketing materials (both print and electronic) to support the promotion of Job Skills’ services and programs for unemployed individuals.
- Ordering printed and promotional material.
- Being an active contributor at marketing strategy meetings.
- Assisting with the development of outreach plans including the distribution of marketing materials to appropriate venues.
- Proofreading and editing of marketing materials.
- Participating in weekly departmental meetings.
Social Media/Website Maintenance
- Studying and becoming familiar with the organization’s personnel and social media policies, the marketing procedural manual, Job Skills’ website procedures, and guidelines for Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), as it relates to websites.
- Increasing the organization’s social media activity level in the following platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, etc. by posting approved content on the appropriate social media venue, on a pre-determined schedule.
- Researching/writing posts based on the social media calendar/roadmap.
- Assisting with creating/curating a variety of content for the organization’s various social media platforms, i.e. articles, YouTube videos, online ads, etc.
- Supporting the online presence (website/Facebook page) of Welcome Centre Immigrant Services, including creating/curating appropriate content.
- Assisting in writing content for Job Skills’ website to promote interest in the organization’s services and programs, i.e. testimonials, program overviews, client resources, etc.
- Working with the Manager, Marketing and marketing staff to ensure that website and social media accounts are free of errors, broken links and meet AODA standards of accessibility
- Updating website content as directed, including posting of flyers, calendars, event messaging, etc.
- Assisting with the implementation of various components of Job Skills’ brand enhancement strategy (including participating in strategy meetings, contributing ideas/suggestions, assisting with revising existing marketing collateral to meet with new brand guidelines etc.).
- Assisting with the development of the Job Skills’ style guide.
- Researching/writing/creating client success stories/testimonials for promotion use in both digital and print.
- Working with the marketing team on the re-design of Job Skills’ website on the new platform to meet with the new brand guidelines.
General Office Duties
- Becoming familiar with Job Skills’ mandate, objectives and programs through the review of available literature, involvement in staff meetings and site-specific visits.
- Responding to general inquiries for information and referring walk-in/telephone clients to appropriate Job Skills and other community services and programs, as required.
- Developing and maintaining a working relationship with all Job Skills departments, at all Job Skills offices.
- Learning to operate basic office equipment (e.g. phone systems, photocopier, laminator, postage machine, computer programs, emails and directories, etc.).
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships
- Client Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Persuasive Communication
- Problem Solving
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, and performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Marketing Assistant with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience to help clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter.