Donor Relations Coordinator and Executive Support
Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is a Jewish community-based centre addressing the needs of all women and children whose lives have been affected by conjugal violence regardless of their backgrounds or religion. We provide a continuum of professional services in both a shelter setting and in an external counselling office.
All services are provided in a safe, confidential and supportive environment. Auberge Shalom is committed to breaking the cycle of violence through education, prevention and advocacy.
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
- Flexible hours and the possibility of hybrid work schedule
- Pension plan and group insurance
- 3 weeks vacation (6%)*
- 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave*
- 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays)*
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits...
Create lasting change! Join the Auberge Shalom Team!
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropic Development and in close collaboration with her, the incumbent is responsible for database management, processing donations, supporting management in maintaining and improving donor relations (70%).
In addition, the Donor Relations Coordinator & Executive Support will assist the Executive Director with organizational administration and participate in special projects (30%).
The specific responsibilities of the the Donor Relations Coordinator & Executive Support include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordination and support to the Director of Development (depending on the period 70%)
- Manage the database and donor portfolios:
- Process donations, prepare donation receipts, tracking bank deposits, import and export data, generate reports, and monthly financial results and integrate new features, etc.
- Perform various analyses and updates, review and modify donor database records
- Ensure quality and completeness of information in the donor database and the portfolios of potential donors, maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of their data
- In support of the Director, improve and document procedures and internal controls related to the donation process
- Respond to donations made by phone, prepare personalized thank you letters and other correspondence related to donations
- Maintain a high level of customer service to donors, volunteers and partners and contribute to strengthening the relationship with donors of the ASPF
- Participate in the implementation of the donor and partner recognition plan
Coordination and support to the Executive Director (depending on the period 30%)
- Participate in various special projects and work in collaboration with the Executive Director and the various teams of the ASPF
- Facilitate the flow of information and healthy communication within his/her team and the organization as a whole
- Participate in the improvement of internal organizational processes with the administrative team
- Support the general management of team meetings, team activities (teambuilding, etc.) in the organization
- Draft official letters from the organization
- Prepare and file governmental documents required for the organization
- Answer incoming calls, greet clients and respond to requests when the administrative support coordinator is not available
Performs all other tasks required in the performance of her duties.
- AEC or Bachelor's degree in communications, business administration, marketing communications or other relevant field
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in fundraising, donation processing or 2 to 3 years of experience in project/event coordination
- Good working knowledge of donor databases (preferably DonorPerfect) and prospective donor tracking systems or demonstrated ability to learn new programs quickly
- Fluency in French and English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Experience in planning and executing successful events and partnerships (an asset)
- Knowledge of the Montreal philanthropic community (an asset)
- Knowledge of the issue of domestic violence and women's rights would be considered an asset
- Ability to manage and organize multiple files at once
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Impeccable sense of ethics, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to evolve in a changing and growing work environment that promotes respect and collaboration
- High level of motivation and demonstrated ability to build constructive and effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Team player and collaborative
- Flexibility, creativity and adaptability
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
- Permanent position
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Starting salary: 32.09$
- Flexible Work Schedule: 4 or 5 days per week; hybrid
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
*note: prorated based on a 35h work week