YWCA Edmonton is a powerful voice for equity and has been leading social change and progress for women, families and gender-diverse individuals in the capital region since 1907. Part of an international movement, YWCA Edmonton is a trusted provider of services, programs and advocacy work that transforms lives and helps build a stronger, healthier, and equitable community for all. We provide education and services to thousands every year through leadership programs, counselling, outdoor education, healing retreats and supporting people with disabilities.
YWCA Edmonton is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle the operational accounting tasks for the organization. The Accountant will be responsible for reconciling GL accounts, processing payroll and contribute to the overall success of the Finance and Operations department. The successful candidate has proven problem solving skills, attention to detail and a high level of accounting skill.
Part-time (20 hours/week), hours typically between Monday – Friday.
· Completion of a university degree and accounting designation (CPA) strongly preferred. Experience in place of education will be considered.
· Minimum of five years of accounting experience with demonstrated success of reconciliation and completion of financial statements
· Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience required
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
· Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
· Solution-focused and the ability to proactively identify and manage challenges.
· Passion for the mission and work of YWCA Edmonton.
· Clear Criminal Record Check.
· High level of professionalism and adherence to confidentiality.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the job that includes a salary commensurate with experience and education, full benefits package with RRSP employer matching contributions, and paid time off and holidays. Our hybrid work arrangement provides flexibility to work both in-office and remotely, ensuring work-life balance and personal pursuits. We value our employees and aim to provide a work environment that promotes growth, development, and well-being.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to .
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for a prescreening interview. Please do not call with inquiries. All inquiries can be directly emailed to
This posting will remain open until May 30, 2023, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!