Accountability. Innovative. Community Involvement. Environmental Integrity.
The Environmental Services Association of Alberta (ESAA) was established in 1987. With over two- hundred-member organizations, we have grown to become one of Canada’s leading environment industry associations. ESAA has provides its members with educational publications and conferences; much needed in the ever-changing environmental industry, as well as providing important networking opportunities. ESAA is committed to promoting its many members and their services and is proud to serve its member organizations.
We are looking for our new Manager, Strategic Relations to join our team. This position is responsible for fostering relationships that will promote ESAA and the industry with other industry sectors and levels of government. The role is also responsible for building and fostering relationships, supporting the messaging of key trends, and communicating the changes in the regulatory areas which directly impact the ESAA membership. This position is also responsible for member retention and recruitment activities.
What moves you?
- You are self-motivated, creative, adaptable, organized, dependable, accountable, and honest.
- The desire to lead this organization in the future.
What you’ll do?
- Report to the Executive Director of ESAA
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and staff to ensure the organization’s mission, vision, and values are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, membership, and industry outreach by:
- Implementing ESAA’s programs that carryout the Association’s mission
- Strategic planning to ensure that ESAA can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
- Ensuring the organization’s image is enhanced by being active and visible in the community and
by working closely with other organizations.
- Membership responsibilities include:
- Develop membership strategies and oversee all aspects of the membership program
- Develop and manage membership specific budgets and track the financial progress of member
recruitment and retention to share at board meetings
- Develop and manage new programs and services for members including a membership feedback process regarding the effectiveness of these programs and services
- Develop and execute opportunities for information transfer from members
- Monitor and report on ESAA’s community involvement activities
- Coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate all membership and renewal activities including new
members, renewals, potential member contact, and ensure membership lists are updated
- Stakeholder Relations responsibilities include:
- Build communications and relationships with government and regulatory officials both provincially and federally (AER, AEP, etc.)
- Create and manage key membership task groups to provide focused feedback on regulatory changes
- Develop and manage government specific budgets and track financial progress to share at board meetings
- Provide stakeholder /community engagement and feedback to regulators
- Significant provincial travel will be required from time to time. Limited national / international
travel will be required
What you’ve done? (Knowledge and Experience)
- Relevant post secondary university diploma or degree or a combination of formal education, self- education, prior experience, and on-the-job training
- 5-10 years of business experience with desired experience in management role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and networking skills
- Business acumen – demonstrated understanding of financial management and government requirements
- Sales and marketing experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment, as well as effectively manage time and work independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and be on time with delivery
- Proficiency with computers and software (Microsoft Office, Google Documents and Google Drive, WordPress, MailChimp, Zoom)
- Experience working with a non-profit organization and provincial environmental regulation would be an asset.
What you’ll receive?
- A competitive salary and an excellent benefits package to support your continued health and overall wellbeing
- A matching RRSP work environment
- Personal and professional development
- Vacation with additional days off to disconnect from work to manage life’s many demands
- Hybrid work environment